Chapter 4: breakfast

Derek p.o.v 

Rose's little body laid in my lap sleeping. She had put her thumb in her mouth. It was a really cute sight to see. I really had to resist myself putting a paci in her mouth instead I let her suck on her thumb. Nothing is confirmed, yet, that she is a little so I won't push it. Right now I am just Derek to her, a man in his twenties who is willing to help her. 

I carry Rose to the bedroom I have for littles who are out of headspace and want to sleep in a normal bed. Again I really had to resist the urge to put her in a crib. But until anything is confirmed I won't do anything that is even closely related to the ddlg lifestyle. Rose could also be just a teenager who hasn't developed yet and is taking a long time to grow up. 

I tucked the little girl in and caressed her cheek a little bit. She move a bit and leaned into my hand. I smiled at the cute girl. I haven't felt this happy since my last little. I gave her a kiss on her forehead and put the little lights on above the bed. That way it won't be too dark in the room if she wakes up. But I have this feeling that she will sleep through the afternoon, evening, and night. The girl looked exhausted. 

I left the bedroom and walked downstairs, heading straight to the kitchen. When I entered the kitchen I saw Jack leaning against the kitchen counter holding a glass of cola. I was happy to see that he stayed a bit after work hours. It took me quite a while to convince him that he could relax a bit in my house after he was done with work. 

"Done with the day, Jack?" I asked while I took a beer out of the fridge. Jack immediately stood straight, "Yes sir, I'm done with all the tasks that were given to me today." 

"Relax Jack, I wasn't checking, just asking. Please sit with me in the living room. Well, only if you have the time of course. If you need to go home-"

"Oh no sir, it would be nice sitting with you. I was wondering if I maybe could stay for the night. My mom is in the hospital and it's easier to take her home with me from here. Tomorrow she can go home," Jack asked very carefully. 

"Of course, you can stay. That's why I gave you that room remember. But please now the workday is done, call me Derek. It feels a bit weird to be called 'sir' all day. I'm still not quite used to it." I saw Jack looking uncomfortable so I tried to make it up to him. "I see you have trouble with calling me that. See what suits you. I don't mind either way." 

"Thank you, sir. I will try my best in the future." Like I said he is a good lad. I wished most of my business 'friends' were like that. But unfortunately, most of them are more after my connections, fame, or money than having a friendly relationship with me, my littles included. 

"So, how is the girl doing, Rose wasn't it?" Jack asked while he was getting comfortable on the couch. 

"Yes it's Rose and she is right now sleeping," I said after taking a sip of my beer. 

"Is she okay? I mean she really looked like she had a rough time. So skinny and those clothes looked like she had been wearing them for weeks."

"Honestly, I don't know how she is. All I know is that she had it difficult and that her father kicked her out of the house, hence why she was homeless." 

"Damn, so young and having to go through all of that..." Jack became quiet, me as well. Right now we let it sink in what the little girl had to go through and we didn't even know the whole story yet. God knows what her father did to her. Poor thing. Little or not, I know now that I will offer her a place to stay so she doesn't have to go back to the streets. 

* Next morning * 

Rose p.o.v

When I woke up I noticed I wasn't in an alley but on a soft bed. How did I get here? The last thing I remembered was me crying in Derek's chest. I probably fell asleep in his arms. I sat up a rubbed my eyes. I looked around to see if there was any clock in the room so I could indicate what time it was. I saw a clock hanging on the wall across from me. It said 8:15 am. Wow, I really slept for a long time. 

I climbed out of bed and headed downstairs. I remembered how to get to the kitchen so I went there. When I arrived a was met with a familiar face, the driver of Derek. He was making breakfast. 

"Hello there, did you just wake up?" the driver asked me. I was a bit shy so I hide a bit behind the wall and nodded. 

"Hey, no reason to get scared. I won't hurt you. Are you hungry? I can make you breakfast if you want?" He looked nice and friendly but still, I didn't really trust him yet. On the streets, I learned not to trust someone too quickly. So I shook my head and stayed glued to my spot around the corner. 

"Well if you change your mind let me know," he said friendly. I nodded my head and waited. I didn't really know why I waited or rather for who I waited. I guess the only person I trusted a bit right now was Derek. Because when I heard him behind me I felt safe. 

"Goodmorning little one, did you sleep well?" Derek asked me while he walked up to me. I could see that he had already showered because his hair was wet. I nodded my head to answer his question. 

"Words, little girl, I need words," he said with a playful face while patting my head. I giggled a bit by his goofiness early in the morning. "Yes Derek, I slept well." 

"Good, I hoped you did. Now a very important question for a very important lady, what does Her Highness want for breakfast?" I giggled again, he was really funny. It was very different from the mornings with my father. When I woke up I was always terrified of his mood that day, but now I didn't need to worry about a thing. 

Still, I really yearned for the feeling of comfort and safety I had yesterday in his arms. Me wanting to get the stress away in my body caused me to slip a bit. So I put my arms up and made grabby hands. 

"Do you want to go up, sweetheart?" Derek asked with a bit surprised tone. "Yes, upsie please?" Derek had put me on his hip and I nuzzled my head in his neck. He started to bounce me a bit and rubbed my back. It was really nice and I instantly felt safe. 

"So what do you want for breakfast, hmm?" Derek asked softly.

"Uhmm, something that doesn't make my tummy hurt," I said. I saw both men looking at me with confusing faces. "What do you mean with 'something that doesn't make my tummy hurt'?" 

"Yesterday I ate a sandwich out of the dumpster, but it made my tummy hurt. So I guess no sandwich please." 

Both men looked at me with shocked faces. I didn't know why, they did know I lived on the streets right? 

"Oh honey"- Derek started to speak in concern- "that was because it was spoiled. You could have died. Please promise me to never, ever eat out of a dumpster again." "I promise Derek," I said in a small voice. I made myself smaller in his arms, I was afraid he would get mad and would punish me. 

"It's oke honey. You didn't know and you were probably very hungry. I will promise you this, all the sandwiches that are made here aren't spoiled and won't hurt your tummy, okay?" 

"Pinky promise?" I asked in a small voice while holding out my pinky. 

"Pinky promise." And Derek put his pinky around mine. I giggled again and laid my head in the crook of his neck. 

"Oke then, then just to be safe how about some cereal, would you like that?"

"Yes please." I couldn't forget the magic words now, could I? 

While the driver was eating breakfast, Derek made my breakfast and his. When he was done he sat me on his lap and fed me. First I wanted to do it myself, but Derek said I looked still tired and I would need the energy later today. So I let him feed me. I was quite curious about what he meant by 'needing my energy for later today'.  With that thought, I ate my breakfast and waited for what Derek had in store for me for the day.