1. Meeting You

You wake up. It's late, as usual, and you still feel tired.
As you come to your senses you look around at the poverty surrounding you. Hay stacked beneath you with the objective of being your bed, your torn clothes look at you, your messy hair listens to the gentle breeze.

People say you tend to look at life in a positive way.. and it's true. You enjoy these moments. The waking up in a barn of a stranger, sneaking your way into finding food without selling your body away. You respect nature, and it respects you back by showing its beauty.
You remember when you used to live an Okay-Life where money didn't worry you but you felt so busy and that blinded you from experiencing nature and its beauty. You love to feel this gentle breeze on your body, feeling your clothes slowly swinging away from you and then hitting you again softly.

It's beautiful, you feel beautiful. You are beautiful.

As you find the strength to get out of your so called bed for today, you start hearing those French men again. You don't know why they are there, and you don't understand a word they are saying either. You feel chased as if you are guilty of something. They seem angry but happy too, it's quite odd.

You try to sneak around and you succeed. Having no shoes surely benefits you sometimes but your gentle, fragile and dirty feet desperately ask for socks.

You are now looking back, seeing if anyone spotted you and surely enough no one seems to have. But you stop. The sky is hypnotizing you in its blue gentle color, almost as if it's welcoming you. As you were looking at it, a dark shadow appears before you.
You didn't notice such thing, as the sky was still making eye contact with you and maybe even smiling, you think.

???: "Excusez-moi Madame?" (Excuse me, madam?)
You turn around quickly, as if you were caught doing something you feel you shouldn't be doing.

Y/N: "I'm very sorry, I don't speak French. Anglaise?" (English?)

???: "Oh Oui, I can speak it. You are not from England, are you?"

Y/N: "No sir."

???: "Do you own that barn?"
The figure points at the one you sneaked from.

Y/N: "I don't.."
You said as you tried to fix your hair and then grabbing your torn clothes.

???: "I see. Do you need any food?"

Y/N: "I would very much appreciate it."

???: "What's in it for me?"

Y/N: "I don't have much to give since I have little left of anything. Would you care for some old tobacco?"

???: "I was thinking of something else.. what's your name?"

Y/N: "My name is Y/N, what about yours?"

???: "Lucien. See I could give you some spare food that we have, but I would like to touch-"
He stops as someone else interrupts him by exclaiming his name in a loud tone.

???: "LUCIEN!"

Lucien: "C'est mon nom." (That's my name.)

???: "Arrête ça! Qui est-elle?" (Stop that! Who is she?)

Another figure approaches Lucien and yourself. He was smaller than Lucien and more elegant. Lucien had his hat with their corners pointing forward and backward, this man wore his sideways. He also had gray-blue eyes, which too hypnotized you like the sky itself.

They begin to speak in French. You don't understand if they are angry at each other or if you are the problem. You take this opportunity to take one more look at the man who just arrived.

You notice his white horse behind him, you approach it and gently pet it. You ask its name but you were ignored, or perhaps not heard from all the loud sounds coming from their mouths.

The strange man stops and looks at you. Lucien follows by doing the same.

???: "Pardon, I did not introduce myself. Je suis Napoleon." 
He looks at you, his eyes search your clothes, your messy hair and your bare feet. His expression doesn't change but you can tell he feels sorry.

Y/N: "Hello, what's your horse's name?"

Napoleon: "Mon cheval? Tonnerre Blanc." (My horse? White Thunder)

Y/N: "He is gorgeous."
You pet him once more.

Napoleon looks at you and this time his expression changes. He looks surprised, as if he just had seen a ghost.

Y/N: "What's wrong?"

Lucien: "Well, Blanc does not like to be petted by anyone except Napoleon. This is the first time we are both seeing him letting someone else pet him."

Napoleon approaches you slowly, with both of his hands behind his back, and asks you if you need any food. You nodded and looked down, like a poor puppy on a rainy day. He nods back and smirks.

Napoleon: "Suivez-moi, Y/N." (Follow me, Y/N)
Lucien makes eye contact with you and shakes his head towards Napoleon.

Lucien: "Come."
He whispers just so you could understand what Napoleon was telling you.

As you follow them you look back at Blanc. As you felt sorry for leaving him alone like that, you asked softly-

Y/N: "Are you just gonna leave your horsy like that? What if he feels lonely?"

Napoleon: "He will follow us in une minute."
You could tell he appreciated you asking for his horse's well being, as he loves him dearly.

You arrived at a small camp hidden near the barn. Soldiers are surrounding it but not in a protective way. They are relaxed, sitting down in the grass, perhaps waiting for an order or just enjoying their short stay.
Lucien looks over at you.

Lucien: "Wait here."
He says before Napoleon goes alone into the crowd of soldiers admiring him and keeping their respectful distance. He must be important around here, you think to yourself.

Lucien: "I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to sound rude."

Y/N: "I'm used to those types of comments, just refrain from using them again please."

Lucien: "Of course, I'm deeply sorry."
As he finishes his sentence, Napoleon comes back with a few fruits inside a basket.

Napoleon: "Pardon mademoiselle, this is all we have left for today. If you'd like you can stay with me and Lucien at the camp and tomorrow there will be more food arriving."

It was around midnight at this time. It was obvious that the best food was gone by now.
The thought of you sleeping in that camp didn't sound so bad.

Y/N: "Really? Can I stay here with you?"

Napoleon: "Évidemment, Y/N." (Of course, Y/N)
He throws a soft smile at you as he notices your eyes shine, like an ocean reflecting the stars placed on a dark sky, on a cold night.

Y/N: "Where should I sleep?"

Lucien: "There are not any beds available at this moment but I'm sure some soldiers wouldn't mind sharing theirs with someone that Napoleon fancies."

As he was finishing that sentence, Napoleon blushed a bit but looked away so no one would notice his cheeks. You, however, did notice it.

Y/N: "Is that so? Well if Napoleon fancies me then he wouldn't mind sharing his bed with me, would he?"
Napoleon stays silent and continues to look somewhere else.

Lucien: "You should ask him that, I'm not worthy of answering that question."
You look at Napoleon and you softly pinch the back of his jacket sleeve to get his attention on you.

Y/N: "Would you mind sharing your bed with me?"
You said, innocently and tired looking.

Napoleon pauses for a bit before answering. He looks at you in a sweet way, even though he has this citrus smell on him.

Napoleon: "You can join me, oui."
He says while looking away rapidly once more, hiding something you know it's there.

Napoleon: "Suivez-moi s'il vous plait." (Follow me please)

As you were guided by him you finally reached his tent and saw his bed. It was really fancy, especially for a camp. You start by sitting on the side of his bed and then you proceed to take your clothes off.

Napoleon: "Attends, qu'est-ce que tu fais?!" (Wait, what are you doing?!)
He looks away as you questioned yourself what he just said.

Napoleon: "Stop!"

Y/N: "What's wrong?"

Napoleon: "You don't need to undress."

Y/N: "But my clothes are all dirty, I don't want to mess your bed with them."

Napoleon: "I don't mind, just stay dressed."

Y/N: "Alright."
You put your clothes back on.

Y/N: "What about you, are you gonna sleep like that?"

Napoleon: "Oui, pourquoi?" (Yes, why?)

Y/N: "Doesn't seem comfortable, that's all. I don't mind it if you take them off."

Napoleon: "I'll just take off my jacket."

As he does this, you slip into his bed and cover yourself to your neck with his soft sheets and this citrus smell appears once more.
He gets in too.

As you are drifting away to a deep sleep, you whisper:
Y/N: "You are very handsome Napoleon~"

He looks at you, waits a few minutes to make sure you are truly asleep and whispers:
Napoleon: "Je suis content de t'avoir rencontré aujourd'hui, Y/N." (I'm glad I met you today, Y/N.)

====
Interesting facts!: The perfume Napoleon used is still being sold with its original form. It's called 4711. It has a Citrus/Lemon scent to it!