8. Wet Kiss

After lunch, you spend some hours, by yourself, walking inside the Palace.
Getting bored of its decorations by now, you change your attention to the garden just outside of it.
No matter what's covered in gold or diamonds, you still prefer nature.
Hearing its wind, whispering in your ear; the sun greeting you with its warmth; the sky smiling at you in its blue color.

You decide to head inside to take a bath; asking the servants if there were any clothes you could use afterwards, they reply by saying that they have a gown that could fit you, but you tell them that you'd prefer to wear more comfortable clothing.
The servants notice the clothes you are wearing and, noticing it's the Emperor's, they offer you some of his clothes.
Entering the bathroom, you prepare yourself for your bath, and the servants leave the fresh clothes, along with three towels, next to the door.

Undressing now, and looking at the mirror standing on the wall of the bathroom, you see a beautiful woman.
Her beautiful body; her gorgeous eyes, doubting if the figure that stands in front of her is really her; her hair, wild as always.
It really is you.
A beautiful and kind woman, smiling softly.

Your finger touches the water, to see if it's not too cold, or too hot;
Discovering that its temperature is perfect, you dip now your whole body into it.
This relaxing feeling hits you, the same one you got when you fell asleep next to Napoleon, the first time you met him.
You don't plan on staying for too long on the bathtub, however.

The Palace doors can be heard, opening and closing themselves violently.
You decide to end your relaxing moment.
Looking at the three towels, you take just one of them.
Drying yourself with it, your skin thanks you for the bath.

You begin to dress up; they were kind enough to put shoes next to the clothes but naive enough to know that you won't wear them.
Nothing new, it's a soft high collar shirt and trousers; except this time, the shirt was salmon-colored.
Not even tucking the shirt into the trousers, you also fold the collar of the shirt, as it's too high for your neck.
Water is dripping from your hair to your shoulders and back.
So, you decide to wrap the towel on your hair.

Finally ready, you decide to investigate the sound you heard, not so long ago, coming from the Palace's entrance.
Taking quiet steps, and looking around the corner of the wall to take a peak, you see no one.
Therefore, you ask one of the guards, that stands close to the doors, if someone came into the Palace.
They answer that it was Bonaparte who came in.

This was strange because he didn't come to look for you when he came in.
Perhaps things were still heated between him and his brother, you think.
You asked where he was, and the guard responds to this question by saying he was in his study.
Deciding to look for him, the guard notices this and warns you that it's best to leave him; he looks rather tired, they said.

Appreciating his warning, you still go in search of him.
While at it, you notice that Nicolas is nowhere to be found.
Maybe he left when Bonaparte entered.
Sad, you didn't get the chance to say goodbye, but hopefully, you'll meet him later or tomorrow.

You reach Bonaparte's study.
First, you put your ear close to the door; Your hearing searches for a sign of life, but there is none.
You take the towel off your head and place it in a nearby chair.

Knocking on the door, you say-
Y/N: "Nappy, can I come in?"

His response is delayed, but, surely, it reaches you-
Napoleon: "Oui, entrez." (Yes, come in.) You hear his voice with a husky tone attached to it.

Coming into his study, you notice him.