13|| ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴅᴏᴡɴ

It's been a week since you got that message. You knew that Mei was just trying to imitate you... and it was working. For the past days you've been sneaking off to go to the gym to practice your serves.

"Arghh damn it! To slow!" You yelled grabbing another ball.

You spun it in your hand and smirked. You then tossed it up into the air and served it. This time the ball went out of bounds, over the court.

"DAMN IT!" You yelled grabbing another one.
***
Meanwhile, Oikawa was a bit worried for you. He walked up to your friends and asked where you went.

"Oh y/n? I haven't seen her since class." Naho sighed.

"Awhh is our Oikawa worried about her" Anami taunted.

"As if!" Oikawa said crossing his arms and looking away. "I just wanna see her. She's been distance this whole week"

Suddenly, Sachi looked up with her mouth full. "Isn't she in the gym. I mean, she did tell us she wanted to become better so that her old old team doesn't beat us"

Within a flash Oikawa was gone.

"Sorry about him" Iwaizumi said mentally slapping himself.

After a long pause, the girls including Iwa started laughing.
***
You served the ball, this time it went right in the spot you wanted it to go to. You were happy at first... until your thoughts drowned you.

"What if they receive it"
"It wasn't fast enough"

You sighed and grabbed another ball. Right when you touched it, another hand swooped in and touched your hand. Quickly you looked up while swooping your hand away.

"Kawa! What are you doing here" you said.

"So they were right." Oikawa said looking at the other side of the court. There were a ton of volleyballs everywhere. "You're over working yourself y/n."

"Shut up. You don't understand" you said grabbing another volleyball and throwing it up in the air.

Oikawa quickly slapped it away with a quick flip. You fell to your feet and glared at Oikawa. "Leave me alone."

You tried to do the same thing but Oikawa intervened.

"damn it Oikawa. Fine. You got my attention. What do you want from me" you said putting your hands on your hips.

"I want you to calm down and take a break. Stop overworking yourself. You're gonna get hurt!" Oikawa said.

You laughed. "Awhh is someone worried about me" you taunted.

"Yes." Oikawa blurted out.

You paused for a second then walked to the other side of the court without another word. Oikawa watched as your face grew dark. You grabbed each of the volleyballs you hit and rolled them to Oikawa.

"Put them in the cart for me" you said rolling more balls.

When that was done, you walked up to Oikawa.

"I can't have them make fun of me anymore. I can't be that same person. I can't lose to them... I'll be considered a failure for sure" you said as your stress level went up.

Oikawa looked away then looked back at you. Without another though, he hugged you. His arms around your body and his smell filling your nose. He smelled good.

"Ka-"

"Save it y/n. You're such a loser when you get stressed out... y'know that?" Oikawa cut off.

He pulled away and touched your soft cheek. His eyes softened as he put a piece of your hair behind your ear. "Lets go out sometime... get your mind off of this prelims stuff"

"Date...? Pfft. What happened to us being rivals" you laughed.

"Oh we still are... don't forget it" Oikawa smiled.
***
"Omg are they flirting with each other?" Sachi said.

"I dont know... Iwaizumi what do you see?" Anami asked.

"I see two idiots talking to each other"

The group started laughing until they felt another presence.

"You guys really love to stalk people huh" you smiled with a dark aura around you.

"Y/n!" Naho said backing away.

You backed away as well. Your smile burning the eyes of your friends. "Did you hear anything?"

The whole crew shook their heads 'no' and quickly ran off. You returned to your normal self as you and Oikawa laughed.
After School
It was in a matter of minutes. One minute you were mad and stressed out... then the next you were happy and smiling.

You were walking to the gyms with your friends including Iwaizumi and Oikawa. As Oikawa talked, your eyes wandered from his eyes to his lips.

"Y/n-chan are you okay?" Oikawa asked.

You looked away and scoffed. "Yes Kawa."

Oikawa laughed and kept talking. Your cheeks felt hot and your heart started beating fast. What was that just now...? What did Oikawa do to you...? Why do you feel like this...?

The crew made it to the gym and that's where they split up.

"Bye boys!" Anami smiled walking in. Naho and Sachi following after.

"Bye bye! Bye y/n-Chan!" Oikawa smiled walking away.

"Bye Kawa." You said walking in the gym.
~~~
When you got into the locker rooms, Naho, Sachi, and Anami surrounded you.

"You lucky girl" Sachi laughed.

You were confused. "What."

"We know what's up" Naho giggled.

"One clue... Oikawa" Anami smirked.

You immediately blew up and laughed. "Nothing is going on between us... it's just he asked me to go out with him to get my mind off of something" you said.

After you said that, you covered your mouth. You spilled to much.

The girls started squealing as you blushed and walked out of the locker rooms, already changed.
***
"Oikawa keeps flirting with y/n" Iwaizumi blurted out.

"AM NOT!" Oikawa yelled

"So defensive for what" Hanamaki smirked. "I think it's true"

Oikawa glared at his teammates and walked out of the locker room.

"He's love struck" Iwa laughed.
After Practice
Practice was done and you walked out of the cleaned up gym. When walking, Oikawa offered to walk with you which you said yes to. You're becoming a little soft around him... was it bad? You don't know.

Another School:
"Tch. I hate her..." Mei said looking in the mirror. "Leaving me on seen like that"

"What else did your expect"  Kana said.

"I don't know... I want to see her though. I wanna have a chat" Mei smirked.

"Who knows what will happen in the future... all you gotta do is wait." Hana laughed.

"Yeah... wait" Mei said walking away.