26|| Playoffs

That's right. Today was the day. You found out that your team will play one game today, two the next, then one on the third day. Then, you would go to nationals.

Easier said than done.

"Ahhh I'm so excited!" Naho cheered. "I mean, look at this place! So many people"

You nodded and looked around. There were in fact a bunch of people from different schools. One team caught your eye though.

"Mei..." you mumbled under your breath.

"Y/n? Come on" Anami said grabbing your wrist and dragging you with her.

"S-sorry."
~~~
Game One

After warming up for 15 minutes, you and your team were ready. You played against a random team you've never heard of before... but they heard of you.

You were up to serve first. When walking behind the court line, you heard people cheering for you. Both boys and girls.

"Do your best y/n!!"

"Ahhh y/nnn"

You smirked and tossed the ball in the air. You then made contact in hit and hit it with 80% of your power. Not to hard, but hard enough for them to be shaken up. They received it but that was your plan.

The ball flew over the net and towards you. You looked at one of your teammates of was already running. You decided to set to her. You set the ball and your teammate spiked it.

"Point one for Aoba Josai!" Coach Izumi smiled.

"This is gonna be a breeze" Coach Ko said crossing her arms.

Long game short, she was right. Your team won. Though it was close, they fought hard. Today for games was brought to an end, the next day would be more harsh.

The Next Day
Two more games then it will be all over. That was what your mind was saying. You talked to Oikawa over the phone and he said that when you and your team wins, he will watch you play in the finals for nationals and be your number 1 fan.

You didn't want him to be disappointed so you tried extra hard today.

Game 1 (day 2)

The team you played against didn't make a scratch on you and your girls. Yes they did score, but not as much as your team did. You decided to set down the tone a little.

Your sets became slightly slower but more controlled. When you served, it wasn't your full power, yet, it was still there somehow. The other team looked imitated by your team... especially you.

One play that was pretty cool was that you set the ball slightly higher than usual. Before doing this, you told Anami to spike it but to be lagged a little. Meaning she wouldn't jump until the ball was falling.

This was to make the middle blockers jump early and to show a whole open space. The plan worked and it scored you and your girls a point.

After that hard work, your team won. 25-15 and 25-18

Game Three (day 2)

Now it was game 3 of the tournament. When walking to the court, you saw that the team you were up against next looked imitating. It was new you were imitated by a team.

"Ne? Y/n? Are you okay?" Sachi asked waving her hand in your face.

"Yeah. It's just, this team looks more harsh than the others. Don't let your guard down" you told the girls.

They nodded and walked onto the court with full confidence. You were in fact confident as well. The first set, your team took the win. Though, they didn't seem to be stressed about it. The other team you mean.

One of the girls looked like they knew your tactics. She looked like she was putting the puzzle pieces together. Coach Ko noticed and took you out of the court and let another setter in.

This was to confuse the girl analyzing your plays and to make her start all over with the new girl. You watched as your team scored more and more points... yet, the other team followed behind.

Your team was almost at the 25 point mark. The other team was at 20 points. You watched as Sachi served the ball and it flew right to their libero.

"Damn it." Sachi mumbled.

The other team played the ball and set up their execution. Though, something was off about their set up. The ace stood in the back like she was waiting for the ball to be actually served.

Sachi smirked also noticing this change. Sachi stood back trying to see where the ace would spike it. When she saw the spot, Sachi immediately ran to it... while the ace jumped into the air.

The ball was hit... with a loud thud. Yet... the ball didn't touch the ground, it flew up to the setter who set it to Anami. After that, Anami scored the final point.

You cheered for your teammates as they ran towards you. They all gave you a bear hug. This is it... you guys are so close to nationals, just one last team.
***
"YES!" Oikawa yelled.

Him and Iwaizumi were at the same house, watching you and your team play.

"Awh geez, tomorrow is gonna be one hell of a game" Iwaizumi yawned.

"Well yeah, it's the finals for nationals" Oikawa spoke.

"Not just that... it's Mei's team. Didn't you tell me about y/n having a rival?"

"Oh yeah huh... damn. It is gonna be one hell of a game." Oikawa said clicking off the tv.

~~~

After you finished packing up your stuff to leave the place, someone stomped her foot right in your face.

"Y/n. I see you and your team won. Congrats" Mei said.

You looked up and smirked. "Keep the same energy when my team beats yours tomorrow"

"I'll love to see you fail. You sure are getting cocky again." Mei said stretching out her arms.
"Have you yelled at your teammates yet? Do they know who you actually are?"

You backed away, your eyes wide. You really didn't want to deal with Mei right now. Though, your savior came in.

"Hey y/n, the bus is here. Let's go!" Anami said grabbing your wrist and pulling you away from Mei.

Unable to look back, you thanked Anami and quickly walked to the bus with her. Mei watched in disgust. Her face scrunched up.

"I'll win."