Orientation

"Alarmed buzzed"

I opened my eyes and groan as I reach over the bed to disable the alarm.

"Taylor breakfast is ready!" My mom shouted from the dining room. I Got up out of bed to prepare for a warm shower. Grabbed my pink towel, washcloth, and pink razor while my hair looks like a full kinky-coily afro messed up troll. I scratched my hair as I walked into the bathroom and headed to the walk-in shower. Turn on the faucet and run the water over my whole body and onto my hair. Did a wash and go while I lazily shave my arms, legs, and private area. That took me about 30 minutes. My boyfriend Justin Smith must be downstairs because I took a long. I've been natural for 4 years so it usually takes me this long anyway.

"Taylor!" mom calls again.
30 minutes later"
hurriedly came out of the shower and put on a green tank p, a pair of green army short pants, and black tennis. My hair is 50% dry. As I put three twists in the front, I yelled as I walk down the stairs, "I'm coming Mom". When I went downstairs and into the dining room I see Justin and my mom sitting by the table. My eggs and bacon got cold. Justin is wearing all black with black and Jordan's and his hair is in a man bun with short dreads and a petite goatee beard. The smell of his Versace cologne all over him makes me blush every time. Awkwardly with the blush "Good morning". Both of them look at me with their eyebrows raised Justin got up and walked towards me and pulls me in for a hug
"Damm baby I have been waiting for an hour."I laughed rolled my eyes and pushed him softly "Come on it wasn't that long" I ate my breakfast and then my mom a hug and kiss goodbye "Thank you for breakfast I'll call you when I get settled in"kissed me kiss on my forehead and a hug "OK hun no problem drive safe I love you."
I blow her a kiss while I and Justin walked out.

"DaBaby- Rock star played" throughout the car ride.

It usually takes us 45 minutes to get to the school. Normally we would be singing to our favorite songs but while on our journey Justin is quiet.
I looked at him in such worry. "What's wrong baby!?" He rubbed his beard and then hold my hand "I'm going to miss you" While holding and rubbing one of his hands I said, "Babe I, it's going to be fine military school is only 3momths." He looks at me with sad eyes He says "3months seems like a long time." We stopped talking throughout the car ride his head turn to the road.

I know he is quite bothered by me leaving him to go to military school but this is my dream. This what I is see myself doing for the rest of my life. Ever since my dad passed away 2years ago, being in the military is my way of feeling closer to him. I miss him every day. Dad died on one of his military missions. My mom and I don't talk much about it but I know she misses him too.

10minutes later.

We arrived at New Order Military College. It is gorgeous and big and it has a big field and an adjacent to the school. Parents kissing their children goodbye and the rest of them at the door waiting to be served. I unbuckled my seat belt and Justin pulls me in for a big hug and French kissed me ."You better be calling me every day babe I already miss you and you ain't even been gone yet" He said. I chuckled and bite my lips "Yes baby I will, I love you." He runs his hands through my natural curly shoulder-length hair and kisses my forehead. He replied, " I love you too and when you get back I have a surprise for you." I grabbed my bag and I left the car. Waving at him as he drives off. I glanced around the school for a moment and walked up to the traffic island. Wondering what is the surprise he is talking about. But in the m, meantime I'm looking at the school nervous as ever. I took out my mirror and my lip gloss and smeared some on my lips and smacked.

A girl bumped into me and my bag fell on the floor. She turned around shocked "OMG! Taylor Harper is that you?" I was shocked that it was my best friend she was supposed to be going to The Hounds Military College. I replied with relief of happiness "OMG! Meaghan Smith, what happened to The Hounds aren't you supposed to be there?" We both hug each other. "I was supposed to go there but my parents recently move to Hampton, so I decided to come here instead don't you miss me?" Says Meaghan. I take her hand and give her another hug "Of course I missed you I'm so happy to see you". She took out a piece of paper. It's a class schedule and room assignments.