2 // not my father

____________

Three years passed by in a mere second.

As a woman, I've been safeguarded and sheltered by numerous clansmen. It was obvious that they were forced to do so. Who'd want the boring job of babysitting a kid?

I'm saying this, because I was currently babysitting  my brother that was recently born. Izuna - don't you think it's funny that we meet again in this way? If it wasn't for the Uchiha clan's trademark dark hair and onyx eyes that my brother inherited, I would've mistaken him for a ball of sunshine. Just carrying him in my arms made me feel a warm fuzzy feeling I have not experienced for quite a long period of time.

I won't let you die this time around.

Since your big brother failed you before, this new big...sister is sure to keep you safe.

Little Izuna and I were staring at each other, but I couldn't help but stare intently at his eyes. Eyes I had once taken. 

I looked away.

Things have changed. Instead of I, Izuna became the designated heir. My feelings were conflicting. I had no problems with him taking over in the future, but I couldn't understand why I was robbed of my former right just because of this new gender.

''Izuna.'' The moment I had muttered my brother's name he looked up at me and grinned, his adorable toothless grin. How do I stop time? It'd be fine if it was just like this forever.

''Madara-sama!''

My eye twitched. I should have known that someone would come in and ruin the moment.

''What is it?'' I kept my words short, looking at the man in front of me with a neutral face.

''Your father requests your presence.''

I looked away in annoyance, of course, everything just had to do with my father.
''Do I need to be there now?'' Was it wrong for me to try and find an excuse to not go?

I sucked in a deep breath, awaiting for an answer while Izuna looked at me in confusion, tugging on my hair, seeming as if he didn't want me to go.

''Yes, he said it was urgent.'' As he answered, I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, everytime he requested my presence, he always said it was urgent, then in the end it ends up not being anything important.

''Well then, lead the way, I want this to be done immediately.'' I said - not a second after, I diverted my attention to small Izuna to untangle his hands from my hair. What was this kid doing?

I then looked at the man in front of me, who has not moved even an inch from the spot I last saw him in.
''Well? what awe you waiting for? lead the way.'' I stated once again.

He blinked and shook his head.
''If only you were a male, you would've made a great leader.''

I gritted my teeth. Insolent.
''Tell that to my fathew not me.''

------

Along the way, I saw mother in the kitchen helping the other women cook, when her eyes landed on me, she smiled. ''Madara!'' After a split second, she saw Izuna in my arms and frowned.

''Isn't he--a bit big for you? are you sure you can carry him? is he heavy? he might fall.''

I sighed.
''It's fine, he's as light as a feather.'' I replied, Izuna just continued to tug on my hair, the brat's audacity. I can't wait until he's older for me to get pay back on what's due.

Mother looked worried, afraid Izuna might fall and hit his head somewhere, but I gave her a reassuring smile.

''Wherever you're going..be careful.'' Noticing the shinobi, I was following, she bit her lip.

''I'll be fine mothew, no need to worry.''

------

The moment I entered the room, my father immediately took Izuna from my arms then he ignored the fact that I was there.

I cleared my throat.

Realizing I was in the room, he snapped his head in my direction.
''Ah, yes..you.'' The smirk on his face was unsettling, it was uncomfortable, it was as if the thing he was about to say was the catalyst to my doom.

I could've handled anything he would've thrown at me...but this..anything except this.

''You are expected to marry the next heir to the Hyuga clan, not only does it help solve some of our problems with them but the Hyuga are a powerful clan, it will benefit us greatly, there is no room for objection.''

I glared at him while clenching my fists, the words finally processed inside my head.

I'm three years old! Was this geezer sick in the head? My head started to hurt after processing so many things all at once, I didn't know what I should think about or focus on anymore without losing my sanity, I'm a man. I've been a man longer than I a female!

''You are part of the Main household, and you must act like it!'' He shouted, my brother started to cry, but he paid him no mind. ''You're only a small helpless child, you have no idea how to make the Uchiha clan great! this is the only way in which your existence could finally have some purpose."

''I do understand! and I can make my own choices!''  I stepped forward. There was no way that I was backing down now. Who does this old man think he is?

The geezer also stepped forward, his sharingan now blazing. 'I am still your father! you have no right to disrespect me!''

"Selling me off?" I scoffed. "Then you're no father of mine."

He started to charge at me, but just before he could even raise his hand at me, my mother barged in the room.
''Tajima! stop!''

Everything went silent, the atmosphere suddenly changed,

That day marked the first real fight I had with my father in this new life.