31//

Chapter 31:

For the next few days, I was given stares full of pity. News spread the Hanaki was bedridden, the medics has also given their reports, saying that it is very unlikely for Hanaki to be able to talk or say a word again. I, of course, feigned that I was deeply distraught over the news and decided to lock myself up in my room because of depression, only getting out when I needed to go to the bathroom, or when I needed to bathe.

Although everyone was sad for me, I was happy, no more was that disgusting tea.

And no more was that disgusting man.

Mother came to me the next day with sad eyes. "Madara, it has been decided that your engagement with Hanaki-sama would be annuled."

I looked down and bit my lip, to others it must seem I was incredible sad over this, but I was merely biting my lip to ensure I won't burst into laughter.

"Is that so?.....Mother?"

"Hanaki has a younger sister, Rinami, she will be the one to wed your younger brother, Izuna, thus, the connection to our clans will not be cut off."

My eyes widened, suddenly feeling bad for having Izuna to be forced into this situat---

"Izuna himself was the one to request this engagement."

My mouth dropped open, even if it was unladylike I just thought that it was highly unlike him. "Izuna....requesting to marry a certain girl?"

I was beyond shocked.

My conversation with my mother was interrupted when someone knocked on the door, I furrowed my eyebrows. Why does it seem like everytime I have a conversation with someone it would get interrupted?

"Come in."

The one that came in was a senju, I raised an eyebrow, wondering what a senju was doing in the main house.

"Hashirama-sama requests your presence, Madara-hime."

I frowned, remembering that brown monkey and huffed. Mother looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Since when did the head of the senju and the eldest daughter of the main uchiha branch become acquainted?"

Mother did not like nor hate the senju's. She had complicated feelings towards them.

I turned red, deciding to not mind my own mother, then I turned to the senju. "Where is he?"

______

I had complex feelings when I saw the scene in front of me, I did not know how to react, what should my reaction be? My eyes stared at the two people in front of me, as they stood side by side they looked very compatible. I bit my lip.

Hashirama, Mito.

I already knew he was to be married to her because of my past life, why do I feel a sense of betrayal? I shouldn't let this affect me so much. In fact, what was Mito doing here? Shouldn't she be at the Uzumaki clan grounds?

"Hashirama, you called?" I placed a smile on my face as I called out to him. Startled, he looked to my direction with wide eyes, Mito in turn, looked at me.

"Who might you be?" Mito asked as she looked at me with calculating eyes.

I refused to let my smile falter. "I am Madara Uchiha, the eldest in the Uchiha main branch."

She nodded. "Mito Uzumaki, Hashirama's fiancee."

Hashirama looked at Mito then looked at me.
"--Mito."

I smiled at Hashirama.
"I believe the thing you wanted to discuss with me should be discussed at a later date, I do not wish your time with your fiancee to be disrupted."

"Madara, I---"

I gave him one last smile before walking away. "I'm happy for you."

Deep inside for some reason,

I did not feel happy at all.

______
Next chapter would be the last chapter {probs} so prepare yourself for the ending of Another Chance {Book 1?}