Outnumbered

Clary was the first to get attacked. The demons had hidden around the corner, pouncing out to attack but Clary quickly beheaded the demon and ran into the crowd. "Alec, you idiot!" She shouted, "where are you?"

Jace was right behind her, watching her back and she watching his. Izzy was elsewhere searching for Alec. Demons kept coming in from all directions, circling them into a small section so they would be easier to kill. Izzy leaped through a small gap and whipped at one close to Jace's shoulder. He muttered a thanks and they all pressed their backs against each other. "We're outnumbered.. where's Alec when you need him?" Izzy growled, wildly throwing her whip at every demon directly in front.

"Alec!" Jace shouted, trying to get his parabatai's attention. He was probably having just as hard a time, one against many compared to three. His rune wasn't pulsing nor was it bleeding, so he was alright for the time being. "I can't feel anything, I think he's fine."

"Jace!" Alec called back, close by.

The three took a sigh of relief at the sound of his voice and screeching demons getting closer. Alec appeared directly in front of Clary, a seraph blade in each of his hands; armour and blades covered in ichor as well as along his upper body. "You three get reinforcements, they're in Idris but Clary can easily draw a portal, right?" She nodded. "Good, so go, I'll distract them and keep them off your track."

"What? Alec that's suicide!" Izzy screeched at him, knowing this was his depression talking.

"Well I've got the least to live for out of us three. Just go!"

Clary had already disappeared but Jace lingered to see Izzy's decisions, "no! I won't lose another brother!"

"If you just stand there and complain you're going to either way along with Jace and possibly yourself. Go!" Jace took her arm and managed to drag her away.

Alec was engulfed by demons, his body going into overdrive as he let out all his pent up anger. Demons dropping like flies as he swung his blades round in a blind fury. Clary was already making a portal far up ahead, Izzy had finally turned to run to her and Jace killed off the few that had followed.

~*~

Reinforcements arrived within minutes, a good thirty or so of them. The demons seemed to have thinned but not by much, all milling around amongst themselves; clearly they hadn't noticed the thirty shadowhunters only a few feet away. They really were stupid sometimes. "3..2..1..Go." Jace whispered before running back to the demons, swinging his blade tactifully.

All the others followed, some letting out a battle cry while others were silent and went round to the back of the group to attack from behind. Now it was their turn to circle the demons, trapping them one by one. Slowly, the demons began to either run or deminish. Ichor was everywhere and all over everyone.

Once gone, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Nobody seemed to have any serious injuries, nothing an iratze couldn't fix. "You seen Alec?" Izzy asked Jace who shook his head.

"I assumed he had still been fighting." They shared a worried glance before looking round in search of him.

"We got an unconscious not responding to iratzes over here!" Alec.

Clary got a portal ready, "somebody call Magnus Bane!"

Jace ran to the body and sure enough it was Alec, beaten and bloody. "Portal's ready!" He and another shadowhunter ran him through and straight to the infirmary. "Get the supplies from the basement! We're going to needs lots of them."

~*~

Magnus wasn't exactly in a hurry to arrive after he heard it was Alec. Selfish really. Once arrived, he was rushed down to the infirmary and taken beside Alec's bed. "And.. how did this happen exactly?"

"He told Clary, Izzy and I to leave and get reinforcements since the demons would be too stupid to notice our departure if Alec kept fighting hard enough. So he did, hopefully. We don't actually know."

"Why didn't just one of you go?" Magnus gave him a look as if it were obvious.

"Because the amount that would follow would be too great to handle."

"And it wasn't with the amount you left him with!?" Magnus raised his voice, his secret sadness for Alec seeping through.

"Calm it Kermit." He raised an eyebrow, "Simon says it all the time. If you're so worried, fix him already!" Jace shouted back just as loud, "he's my brother! Izzy's too and because you're too stubborn because you broke up is just damn selfish!"

Magnus growled but went to Alec and begans to touch him gently where all the demons had attacked their worst. They oozed ichor and poison, his skin red and chapped. It was so much into his bloodstream that even iratzes couldn't fix that. "How's he looking."

"Ssh."

Magnus' hands glowed blue as he ran then up and down Alec's chest where the attacks were worst. Alec was sweating, his breath coming out in short quick pants, body shaking.

Half an hour or so later, Alec's eyes began to open but Magnus had only just begun to extract the poison from his blood... And the pain was excruciating.

Alec screamed as loud as he could; shadowhunters were known for not showing pain or screaming in agony and Alec had always been one of the toughest. If he screamed too much it would damage his body and give him a sore throat, increase his heart rate and only spread the poison further into his body.

To put it simply, Alec was unconsciously throwing his life away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About time I wrote this chapter! (I just really hate Clary! Comment if you do too) (and to some it may be a Wednesday still, but I couldn't sleep so published this at 3am :p)

Sorry it's been a month! Only meant to be a week or two.Got GCSEs very soon so the work load has been HUGE. But it's holidays now so I can write more (weekends only mostly) so hopefully, the schedule shall return!

Hope to see you guys next week! ~Fiz