Help

Magnus grinned as he carried Alec through to the bedroom, throwing him onto the bed before crawling on top of him, faces colliding in a messy kiss. Alec shuffled underneath, his hands sliding underneath Magnus' tee to feel over his chest, just as muscular as he remembered. Magnus pulled away from the kiss to take it off, before quickly returning and trying to pull Alec's up but he was in denial, holding the hem down.

Magnus frowned and pulled away, kneeling above him. "What's wrong..?" He asked, his breathing a little quickened.

"I-I.. I don't want to take it off." Alec stuttered, blushing.

"Why not darling? Is something wrong?"

"N-no I.. I just don't want to." Magnus frowned more but he didn't argue, shrugging and returning to Alec, who seemed more on edge now.

Magnus' hands snaked down to his trousers instead, hooking his fingers into the belt loops and tugging them down to his knees. Alec gasped, hips arching up towards his touch. "I've missed you.." He murmured, "please just hurry."

"In a hurry are we?" Magnus asked with a sly grin, "you'll have to learn patience again, Alexander." Alec whined.

Magnus leant down and began leaving small kisses up his thigh, feeling the bumpiness of all the iratzes and stopped again, tugging his boxers down on the left which showed them all. "Alec.. what did you do?"

Alec lifted his head and saw where he was looking and sighed, "okay, okay, I'll come clean." 

He sat up and took his shirt off, letting Magnus see his wounds. The yellow one from that morning was now green, but nothing else was different. Magnus took a step back, pinching his nose and sighing, "Alexander.. How long has this been going on?"

"Since a few days after we last met in the infirmary. I got worse and Lupin took me to a warlock hospital."

"So you don't even know what race this guy is? Because I can tell you don't think he's a shadowhunter."

"No, I don't. I'm trying to find out. Couldn't you tell when he came to see you?"

"How do you know he came to see me?"

"He told me, genius. And so did you. What did Jace call about?"

"He told me to be wary of the guy, and calling you would be good for your health."

"Surprising you listened compared to last time when I almost died."

"Alec-"

"No, no Magnus. Yes we are back together but I'm not just going to forget you were quite happy with the fact I could have died within hours of a phone call. Why bother telling me you can't live without me if you could have a week or so ago?"

"You think I was happy making that decision? It was selfish, I thought that if you died sooner I wouldn't have to mourn you later, and you wouldn't grow so attached to me."

"So you were going to let me die? At eighteen?  Magnus, I understand your thoughts, but come on."

"I know, Alec, I know! A warlock can live a thousand lifetimes and regret every living moment if that's how things turned out. I just don't want you to die and worry I'll forget you! I don't want you to die and I'll be spending eternity alone until someone kills me or I die too-" Magnus paused, his eyes going wide in a sudden realisation.

"What have you just thought?"

"I.. No, it's silly, you'll just object to the idea."

"No, we're arguing, we may as well come clean of everything right now."

"When you die, you won't be alone and neither will I. I'll just.. die with you." 

Alec stared at him for a moment, trying to figure out what he said. "Magnus, no." He said once he realised what he meant, "you're stronger than that, you don't need me to survive."

"Alec.. this is a story for another day, alright? But I do need you, you make life so.. different, you give me life, like I've started anew. Izzy said I brought you out your shell, and well, you've made me a lot less apathetic towards life."

"I have? Magnus.. I'm sorry."

"Sorry?"

"For arguing. If we're going to be together, I can't go back to what I was and complain you don't tell me anything and keep.." He gestured to his chest, "this, from you."

"I'm sorry too, I promise not to keep anything from you now. I can tell you whatever you want another time, yeah? In fact.." Magnus left the room and fetched a book from his study, coming back and rubbing some dust off of it. "I wrote this." He held it out to Alec.

Alec took it, looking at the cover and raising an eyebrow, "The Bane Chronicles? What's all this?"

"It's just a selection of memories of mine. Favourites I guess, some things I look back on often. I don't know." He shrugged.

Alec flicked through, reading all the different chapter names. "Magnus... Thank you. I'm not sure what to say." 

Magnus sat down beside him, giving his cheek a quick peck. "You don't need to say anything, just that you'll stay with me will suffice." He tried to link their fingers together but Alec pulled away.

"I have to get back to Luc.. Oh God! He'll be back at the institute! He'll know I'm gone! My phone- where's my phone!?" Alec scrambled up, pulling his trousers up to. 

"I put it on the kitchen worktop."

Alec ran out, rushing to turn it on and gulped at all the missed calls and texts that appeared. Opening each one slowly, they each got more threatening, the last one a death threat. He was about to try and reply when it rang, Luc's ID popping up. Alec felt like crying, but he kept quiet and answered. "Luc I-"

"Darling." He said, no emotion in his voice. "Where are you?"

"I went out for a walk to get some fresh air, I'm on my way back now." Alec began going to the bedroom again to fetch his t-shirt.

"Oh really? Then are you planning on killing yourself when you get back?" His tone became harsh now, each word coming out as a hiss. "Or did Magnus save you?"

"I-I.. I was practising knot tying. Did you not see the book on my bed?"

"How atmospheric.. Already tied to the beam, chair across the room. Such a drama queen."

"I'll be back in about ten minutes," he paused briefly to put it back on, "I promise.. babe."

"Are you sure?" Alec gave Magnus' hand a squeeze and began heading to the front door, making sure he had everything.

"Yes, I'm sure, I'll run if I have-" He opened the door and froze in his tracks, almost dropping his phone. He felt like the air had been squeezed out of his lungs, his mind fogged up and his entire body went cold.

Luc stood in the doorway with a sickly smile that showed his teeth, his phone still pressed to his ear. "Hi."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone has seen Yowamushi pedal - you know Midousuji's smile? Yeah. That. *shiver*

What did you guys think? Got a surprise for ya'll next week ;) Kinda, shit is gonna go down.

But let me know what you thought down in the comments! They are what keep me writing after all, and a vote is always appreciated!

See ya next week ~Fiz