Spell

Alec collapsed and Magnus suddenly began to almost glow with rage, his attacks against Luc increasing in both frequency and intensity.

It caught Luc off guard, forcing him to jump back, a bolt catching his shoulder. He barely winced, as if it had only been a mere bump or a tap.

They resumed the fist fight, tackling each other to the ground. Cheeks were punched, ribs were kicked and Magnus became pinned underneath, Luc's hands at his throat. "Any last words before I behead you, warlock?" Luc growled, grinning.

Magnus' eyes widened as he looked at something behind him. "Yeah.." He choked, "look out."

Luc frowned, looking behind him and there stood Alec. His fists were clenched by his side, head bowed so you couldn't see his face. Luc laughed and stood, walking over and kicking his leg up, directly meeting his face.. And he didn't flinch. He kicked him again, and yet again he didn't flinch.

A drop of blood landed on the floor. Alec raised his head, his eyes bloodshot, mouth widened in a smile that showed his teeth, and a steady stream of blood came out his left nostril, collecting at his chin and dripping to the floor. 

Luc looked startled, trying to set him alight but every spell he seemed to throw was deflected or absorbed by Alec's body,face unchanging.. It gave the warlocks an unnerved feeling, wanting to step away and hide. It was a murderous look, like something out of a horror story. "You shouldn't hurt him. Or I'll hurt you." Alec finally spoke, breaking the silence, barely breaking his expression.

The tension in the room was so thick you could cut it with a knife. "Who are you to talk to me like that, Alexander? Do you have a death wish."

"Do you?"

Luc paused, almost confused, but he quickly composed himself. "You rather I kill you both?"

"Only you will die today." Alec walked over silently, like walking on air. "Come." He gripped Luc's shirt in his fist and began to drag him away.

Luc tried to fight back but he couldn't move, a strange force paralysing him. Magnus doubled over in pain all of a sudden, collapsing to his knees. Lupin and Henry appeared, rushing to his side.

"He told us the story through erratic breathing, and we tried to calm him down but it didn't exactly work. Passed out, so Lupin is healing his wounds." Henry and Alec now stood out in the hallway.

Alec stood shirtless, unable to stand the fact he worse Luc's blood on him. "But you don't know how I killed him? If it was even me?"

"You were influenced by a very old spell, you're covered in his blood, I don't see how it couldn't have been. I mean, look at your hands. Completely red, and under your nails.."

"Are you.." Alec looked sick himself, "are you suggesting I.. ripped open his chest? In multiple places?"

"Wait, what!? I haven't seen his body!"

"Then how did you even know he was dead when I got here!?"

"Read your mind."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

... Alec looked away, embarrassed. "Well then.. I'm going for a shower."

~*~

Henry fell asleep on the sofa, Lupin worked in Magnus' study, surrounded by books and Alec sat beside Magnus on his bed. He was healing himself, and now was just resting. The thought of possibly ripping open Luc's body with his bare hands haunted Alec's mind all night. He washed himself three times over and still he felt dirty.

Nothig would wash away the possibly guilt and fear. The biggest question on his mind wasn't even how, it was why he wasn't ecstatic he was dead. No more abuse, no more threats, no more teasing and calling of names, no more pain. Things could go back to how they were, yet Alec still feared Luc would find a way back. He always did. "Alec." Lupin called, stood in the doorway. "Come here."

Alec got up, exiting the room and folding his arms. "What? I just want to be alone with my thoughts right now."

"Listen, Luc is.. Was, a rogue warlock. His sanity completely blanked and I had been searching for him for months. He was at the hospital as a patient like you, except obviously his 'injuries' were more of a mental issue."

"So why wasn't he locked up?"

"Please. Yes. Let's just get a psychopathic patient to be locked up in a small room on his own in restraint? Instead of free to roam, to learn how to blend in with society? It was all a part of his therapy, and I'm sorry you got tangled up in it, but I know what you got hit with."

"But it was aimed at Magnus."

"It would've had a different effect on him." Alec frowned. "Let me explain; you're a shadowhunter, you have angel blood. Because of this, the spell had a different.. effect, on you. The angel inside tried to fight the darkness but instead they fused as one, creating a horrific side of you that wanted to kill, but you only killed Luc. If you were a warlock, or quite simply a lesser strong system, you would have killed Magnus too."

"So I saved his life. Technically. But how do you explain all the damage done to the apartment?" Alec looked round, noticing the roof was fixed and so were all the walls. "Which.. are fixed now."

"Nothing a little magic can't fix." Lupin wiggled his fingers but Alec wasn't impressed. "Sore ass. That was just a result of their fighting, and you deflecting Luc's spells in multiple directions."

"I'm surprised you're not angry I killed a patient."

"Well he was a psychopath, and it wasn't your fault. Technically. Henry used to be rogue, almost killed me once but I fixed him. Guess it just would have been nice to fix him too.. He used to be a good guy, y'know? Generous and gentle, selfless and wouldn't harm a fly. What a sickness does to you, eh?"

Alec nodded, realising where his guilt now came from. "I'd say I'm sorry but really it's not wholehearted."

"I wouldn't expect you to." Lupin went and picked up his brother in hi arms, shufflig him around to hold him properly. "Magnus is fine now, by the way, he'll be awake later on."

Alec nodded again, "thanks." Lupin twisted a ring on his finger, and the two vanished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, Alec.. That's brutal. I blame the Walking Dead! *runs from responsibilities* I watched two episodes before writing this, I'm absolutely knackered (and it's not even 2a yet wtf I'm sleeping properly!?) But I am curious to where my brain will decide this fic to go, possibly end it soon.. Dunno. You guys got any preference?

Anyway.. what did you guys think? Let me know down in the comments, they are what keep this fic going after all. And a vote is always appreciated! 

See ya next week ~Fiz