Hanging by a Thread

"I thought you said Magnus made him stable!" Jace shouted at her.

"He never said he himself was certain!" She shouted back.

Jace made a noise of frustration and fled the room. Izzy tried her best to use things she could find in the room to keep his levels stable but it did very little to his condition.

Once Jace came back he looked regretful. "He's not coming, he says that he's proving a point. So we either pay him, or we find someone else."

"There is nobody else!"

"Well then Alec is just going to die isn't he!?" Isabelle froze, giving Jace a death glare. Jace glared back. "Just accept it Isabelle! There's nothing we can do!" He was clearly struggling but being Jace he didn't show any emotion about it.

Instead, he fled the room again, not wanting to see his parabatai in pain, the throbbing over his heart was painful enough..

Isabelle had no idea what to do and just sat in the chair beside his bed. "Don't leave us Alec. You can't. I can't bare to lose another brother and Jace isn't like you are, or how Max was. Please.." She refused to cry and just hugged Alec's arm, tightly.

"Is this Alexander?" A British accent asked.

Izzy lifted her head and saw Lupin. Recognising his ruby red hair, cat ears, fluffy tail and the whiskers imprinted on his face. It suited him, but whenever he tried to be serious it rarely ever worked, so he says he has a form that he puts on when he's truly angry. (If you've read my other story Coming Home you might remember this guy.)

"Y-yeah.." Lupin walked over and quite simply picked up Alexander, twisted a ring on his finger and disappeared into thin air, seemingly collapsing in on himself like a demon does when it's killed. "Jace!" She called, "Jace get back here!" She ran out the infirmary.

~*~

It had now been a week since Lupin took Alec and they hadn't heard a single word. Jace's parabatai rune was still intact and wasn't throbbing, so wherever he was, he was alright and hopefully in good hands.

Clary had virtually been ignoring Jace the entire time, even though he had tried calling and texting to meet up and talk, the girl simply didn't respond or gave a simply no and never explained as to why.

Izzy and Simon were absolutely fine though, they had met up numerous times to either hang out or vent to each other. Izzy was a little more serious though with a missing brother while Simon simply complained about no one appearing to his band's gigs. "You think he's ever going to come back?" Izzy asked, nestling herself closer to Simon.

"Well Lupin saved him once before. Maybe he's just taken him somewhere with greater resources to treat him."

"It's been a week. With the small amount of demon ichor that could've been left in him, he would be awake after a day then wake up the following or possibly two days. That's three days and it's been a week."

"Well.. Maybe it's worse than you thought, or he's being kept just to make sure. It might not have even been the ichor that-"

He was cut off, "hang on one sec." Izzy said, pulling her vibrating phone out her pocket and answering. "Jace?"

"Get back to the institute now."

"Why? What's the rush? Another demon raid or something?"

"No, Alec's back."

~*~

Isabelle ran as fast as she could back to the institute, thankful for only being round the corner.

When she barged through the front doors, someone she didn't recognise jumped in fright. Beside him, stood Alec and Jace. Jace looked pissed and Alec looked confused but also just as pissed. "Glad you got here quickly." Jace said between gritted teeth.

"Hey, Izzy." Alec smiled.

She noticed he was holding hands with the mystery man. "Alec, who's with you?"

"Oh," Alec smiled up at him, a little too genuinely. "This is my boyfriend. He said I should come back home but he insisted on coming too and I couldn't say no."

The boy chuckled and pecked him on the lips. "My name is Luc, nice to meet you both."

Izzy nodded cautiously. "Likewise." Lies. "Jace, come with me a minute, gotta show you something anyway." She quickly fled the scene, taking Jace with her.

Luc's smile faded and he turned to Alec with a scowl before slapping him round the face. "You idiot. That smile was hideously fake."

Alec stumbled slightly and cupped his burning cheek, "I'm sorry.."

"Oh don't whine and just kiss me." He grabbed Alec's shoulders and pulled him close, crashing their lips together.

Alec scowled and tried to pull away but whimpered when Luc dug his nails in so he gave up and kissed back, not enjoying a single thing. He couldn't even remember how they started dating..

Three days earlier

"Alec!" Luc called, running up behind him.

Alec turned and frowned, "and who are you?"

Luc smiled, "I'm Luc. Your boyfriend, remember?" Alec did not remember. "Or at least, you should be." He quickly grabbed Alec's wrist and dragged him into a nearby alley. "Listen here, alright?" He pulled a blade out and held it to Alec's throat. "I need to get to your stupid institute and you're my ticket in."

"W-what?" Alec gulped, feeling the sharp edge press into his skin.

"Listen what you need to do-" He heard someone coming and dropped the blade. Alec frowned but his eyes widened in realisation when Luc kissed him.

He refused to kiss back, feeling Luc's tongue lick at his lips for better entrance. When he dug his nails into Alec's sides and stomped on one of his feet, Alec complied and opened up, kissing Luc back with his eyes squeezed shut.

Time passed and all footsteps were gone but Luc wasn't stopping. He was enjoying this. He got closer and cupped Alec's crotch in his hand, beginning to rub. At that point, Alec called quits. He shoved Luc off him and broke off at a sprint to get away from him.

Luc chased after him but was quicker and hurtled Alec to the floor. "Listen here you little shit, you're taking me to your institute tomorrow and will let me do anything."

"Or else what will do you, huh?" Alec spat in his face which earned him a hard slap.

"Or else I'll kill your family."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehehe. A plot twist >:)

What do you guys think? Let me know what you think of Luc in the comments ;) And a vote is always highly appreciated!

See ya next week ~Fiz