Hunt

"Alec?" Izzy said, knocking on his door, "mum and dad are here, they want to talk to us."

"Why?" He grunted, face first in his pillow, his moood had lightened slightly since he saw Magnus a week ago, no more episodes of anger yet.

"Don't know, they just asked to see you, Jace and Clary are there as well."

Alec sighed and got up, pulling open his door and coming out, "lets get it over with then."

The two walked through the hallways down to the library where Jace and Clary waited outside, not particularly wanting to go in either. Whenever Maryse and Robert visited, it had stopped being about family visits after Max died, now it was only for business or to stay a few days on business. "Ah, finally." Maryse said when the doors opened.

"What do you want?" Alec asked, aiming to get straight to the point.

"We've both something to tell you. One from your mother, and one from me." Robert said, a stern expression on his face. "Sit down."

"I'm good, thanks." He said, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Oh shut up." Pause. "Anyway, your mother and I are- why are those two here?"

"You called us." Jace shrugged, looking down at Clary who just looked bored.

"Yes, I called you here just to let you know there is a very important demon raid happening as we speak, I suggest you two go get ready. You may go." Maryse said, she and Robert already in gear.

The two left, completely confused but pitying the two Lightwoods, their parents were like Jocelyn on a bad day, but constant. "Right, well, that's my piece. Robert?"

"Your mother and I visited the Inquisitor the other day for non-business reasons, and we have filed a divorce."

Alec simply stood there, ever since Izzy told her about the affair, and all the events that had happened since he knew it was doomed from the start. Izzy, however, gaped at them; she knew they were having troubles but she never wanted it to go ahead. "And Alexander, something just for you." He held out a letter, Alec took it but not without trying to purposely snatch it.

Dear Alexander Gideon, "Uh, it's missing my surname."

"Keep reading."

Your farther Robert Lightwood came to me yesterday and filed a report; you are now no longer his son, nor that of Maryse Lightwood, or the sister of Isabelle Lightwood. You have lost your name and you cannot reclaim it, you are now therefore known as Alexander Gideon.

- Inquisitor

"You.. You took away my name!?" He shouted.

"Robert!" Maryse scolded, "you never told me this!"

"Why should I? You're not my wife." He stormed right over to Alec and slapped him, "straighten up. Until then, I'll never consider you as my son." Then he walked out the library, leaving the three in shock.

"Alec-"

"Don't talk to me." He scrunched up the letter and threw it at the ground before storming away for the weapon's room to get ready for this raid.

~*~

Jace had been ready ten minutes ago and now sat with a blade in his hands, twisting it round and round while Clary got ready. He never had understood why girls take so long to get ready, even when on an emergency hunt for demons; and he still didn't. "What do you think they're talking about with the others?" She asked, two hairpins between her lips.

"Who knows, Maryse showed a small hint of sadness, but apart from that if it were anything important then they were hiding it well.. Are you almost quite ready yet?" Jace said with a sigh out of boredom.

"You could go wait by the door for the others, never said you had to wait with me."

Jace shrugged. "You do point out that the beauty of the door compared to yours is a rather difficult," Clary gasped and glared at him and he simply smirked. "Still chose you."

He got up and walked over to her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Clary smiled, standing on her tiptoes to kiss him gently, short and sweet. Jace stroked her cheek when he pulled away, "so hurry up alright?" They both laughed.

A loud knock on the door interrupted them, "hurry up lovebirds! Alec got ready and ran off, we got to follow!"

Jace cursed and grabbed his seraph blade, slipping it into its holder before throwing open the door and running out, Clary not far behind. They met up with Izzy at the door who was waiting for them. "All ready? We gotta chase after him before he does anything stupid." They all nodded in agreement before running off after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, it's rather short, adding on the battle would've made it too long so I cut it off early. Hope you guys don't mind!

Anyways, hope you guys liked the chapter! Make sure to leave a vote and comment if you did! :3

See ya soon! ~Fiz