Chapter 23

After I comforted Hermione, I made my way up to the Astronomy Tower. Cedric wasn't there yet, so I waited for a bit.

About six minutes later, he arrived.

"Sorry I'm a little late love," he said.

"Love?" I questioned.

"I- I mean-" Cedric stuttered.

"It's fine Ced," I laughed.

We stood there for a while not really talking, and just looking at each other awkwardly.

"Ced, I guess I'll just be straight up with you," I said breaking the silence.

"Yeah?" he asked.

I took a deep breath in and said, "I like you."

"And I mean that as in more than a friend. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I have feelings for you. And I know you probably don't feel the same, because you asked Cho to the ball originally, before asking me. And you have tons of other girls way better than me after you, so I don't even know why I'm telling you this. So, I guess I'll just leave," I said walking away embarrassed.

Before I could fully walk away, he pulled my arm and I turned around.

"Emery, don't be silly. I obviously like you too. I mean I thought it was quite obvious that I liked you," he said.

"Then why did you ask Cho to the ball?" I asked him.

"Because, I wanted to ask you, but I thought that if I asked you, and you rejected me, things would get awkward. But then, when Cho said to ask you, I told myself that I should get the courage to," he said looking down at his feet.

"Oh," was all I could say, with a smile plastered on my face.

I hadn't realized it, but our faces were closer to each other than earlier. Cedric leaned in, as did I, and our lips touched, and we kissed.

My heart was racing and my stomach had butterflies.

We pulled away from each other, and he hugged me. It felt like time had stopped, and he was the only thing that mattered in the world.

(BYE IS THIS TOO CHEESY OR AOWMIS IVE NEVER BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP SO I WOULDNT KNOW)

"So, what does this make us?" he asked.

"I don't really know," I said back.

"Well how about this, I'll take you on a proper date the next time we go to Hogsmeade," he suggested.

"I'd like that," I said smiling.

We were up there for a while, talking, laughing, and it felt like we were the only people to ever exist.

I looked at the time and it was past curfew, so we both had to leave.

Cedric kissed the top of my head, and we gave each other a hug and parted our ways.

I walked to the back to the slytherin corridors and went to my dorm room.

"What's got you all smiley?" Pansy asked me.

"Oh, nothing," I said still smiling.

***

The next day, Cho came over to the slytherin table to where me and Elijah were eating.

"You guys kissed?" Cho asked smiling.

"Cho! Not everyone needs to know," I said, "And how'd you find out?"