Chapter 27

I couldn't believe it. He couldn't have been gone. This wasn't happening. He isn't dead.

As we all walked, Cho, Hermione, Elijah, Fred, and George were all there to try and comfort me.

"Em, i'm so sorry," Cho said.

"Why did they have to take him?" I said crying, "Out of all people? Why did it have to be him?"

None of them said anything, probably not knowing what to say. I asked them if I could walk around by myself, so I could process what had just happened.

"Are you sure?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, I just need some time alone," I said with my eyes still watering.

They all said goodnight, and I walked around the school. As I was walking, a boy came up to me. His name was Anthony Rickett. He was one of Cedric's best friends.

"Hi Emery," he said.

"Hi?" I said because we have never really talked to one another.

"Cedric told me to give you this if anything, uhm, happened," Anthony said giving me a letter.

"Thanks," I said looking down at it.

"I'm sorry for your loss," I told him as he walked away.

"I'm sorry for yours," he said looking back at me.

I could tell he had been crying as well, with his eyes puffy and red like mine.

Before opening the letter, I walked up to the Astronomy Tower.

When I got up there, I sat down and opened the letter. 

Emery,

         If your reading this, that probably means I'm, well, gone. I don't exactly know what will happen while i'm writing this. I'm writing this the day after the yule ball, and the day after we kissed up in the astronomy tower.

I realized that I might not make it, so I wrote a letter to you, my father, and two of my other friends.

Emery, i don't even know right know if I got the courage to actually ask you out, or if you're going to be my girlfriend, but what I want you to know is that I love you. And even though I am writing this and we aren't even dating yet, I do. I do love you.

I have loved you. Since we became best friends, to last night. Even if at the time it was 'friendly' love, well now it's real love. Merlin, this is so cheesy.

And if I'm gone, don't cry over me being gone, but be happy, because of the memories we've had since your 1st year and my 2nd year. Like when we would hang out by the lake, or when we would walk around the halls, and of course, the yule ball.

       Emery, you are my first love. Even though I have had a few other girls that I 'crushed' over, you've known me so much longer, and even though back then, I thought I only saw you as a friend, I loved you even then. I'm really trying to not make this sappy but, here I am.

     Who knows, maybe you won't even know this letter exists, and I'll still have it with me in 50 years. Maybe when you're reading this, we have 2 kids, and we have a cottage up in the North. But, if you are reading this then, well, I guess I didn't make it past the whole tournament.

        Oh and one more thing. There is a little box I attached to this letter. There's a ring inside. Can you please promise me, that you'll wear it for the rest of your life? Even if you have a husband that your fully in love with. Please, wear the ring, to keep my memory alive.