Chapter 26

The third task was in a week. Although i wasn't even a champion, I was scared to death for Harry and Cedric. I didn't want them to get hurt, or worse die.

"Stop stressing," Cho said bringing me back to reality.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"You're stressing over the last task. I mean they all survived the first two, so what's one more?" she told me.

"I guess, but still! They could get hurt. We don't know what the third task will be," I reasoned.

Cho and I walked to the Defense Against The Dark Arts classroom for class. We sat down in our seats next to each other and waited for class to start.

"You know, Professor Moody seems a little suspicious," Cho said.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked her.

"Well, I mean, almost every 4 minutes, he drinks something," she reasoned.

"Maybe he just gets thirsty," I told her.

"Maybe, I don't know," Cho said.

Soon Moody entered the classroom and we started class.

***

Harry wanted to meet up with me after classes were over. So, after my last class of the day, which was Transfiguration, I said goodbye to Professor Mcgonagall and went to find Harry.

"Harry!" I said once i saw him.

"So, what's up?" I asked him.

"Hagrid told us what the third task is," Harry said.

"Well what is it?" I questioned.

"A maze," he answered.

"Well that doesn't seem so bad," I said.

"The maze moves, and changes direction," he said.

"They're building it right now on the quidditch pitch," Harry continued to tell me, "Hagrid told me and the other champions to meet him there earlier, and he showed us."

"Oh, well, at least it isn't a dragon this time," I said.

"Yeah, I guess," Harry responded.

***

Today was the day of the third task. My heart was pounding and the task was a few hours away. Cedric was actually excited about the third task and Harry wasn't too worried either.

There weren't any classes today, as many students probably weren't going to pay any attention to the professors. Most of the professors didn't seem to be worried or scared, which probably meant they knew the students would be safe.

Since it was also the third task, and the school year was coming to an end, I decided to hang out with Elijah since we didn't know when we would next see each other.

I knocked on the door of the dorm he was staying in, and waited for him to come out.

"You're here, finally," I said as Elijah walked out of the dorm.

"Hey! I didn't take that long," Elijah responded.

"You have that worried look on your face again," Elijah said as we were walking in the halls.