Chapter 18

We were on the Hogwarts Express on our way to Hogwarts. I was sitting with Hermione, Ron, and Harry.

I was getting a few glances from people passing by our compartment. Probably because I was a slytherin, who happened to be close with the Malfoys.

I mean I get it i guess. What slytherin, who's close to the Malfoys, doing with a muggleborn, a "blood traitor", and the guy Draco hates most?

My thoughts were interrupted by the trolley lady coming by.

"Anything from the trolley dears," she asked.

Harry, Ron, and I stood up to get some snacks.

"A licorice wand please," Ron said.

"I'll get a chocolate frog," I said handing her the money.

A girl i recognized from my classes went up to the trolley.

"Two pumpkin pasties please," she said.

Cho Chang. One of the nicest and smartest girls I knew. She was in most of my classes and was quite popular too.

"Oh hello Emery," she said with a wave.

"Hi Cho," I replied with a smile.

I could see Harry staring at Cho. Like, in the way you look at someone you like.

We all sat back down and Hermione was going on about the daily prophet and the news about the dark mark.

"Harry," I said.

"Yes?" he answered.

"You like Cho don't you," i whispered.

"W-what? No, no," he stuttered.

"Sure. I could see the way you looked at her just now," I said.

"Oh, u-uh, no I didn't mean to look at her in that way," he said.

"Alright, whatever you say," I answered.

***

When we arrived at Hogwarts, we saw a carriage being pulled by pegasus in the air.

"Clear the runway!" I heard Hagrid say.

"Woah," I said.

"That's definitely not something you see everyday," Fred laughed.

Out of nowhere, we saw a small boat in the water suddenly turn into a whole pirate ship.

"Who's that?" Hermione asked.

"I have no clue," I answered.

***

Once everyone got settled in their dorms and got changed into their robes, we all made our way to the Great Hall for the sorting ceremony.

I wish I could've sat at the gryffindor table, but since it was a ceremony, I had to stay with the Slytherins. Don't get me wrong, I like being a slytherin, but many of the other slytherins right now, don't exactly like me anymore.

So, I sat at the very front of our table and kept my space from the others.

After the sorting of the new students were done, Professor Dumbledore made an announcement.

"As you know we have many new students this year, but not all of them are coming to Hogwarts," he said.

Filch came running into the hall and ran up to Dumbledore. I couldn't hear what he said, but he then left and Dumbledore continued his speech.