Chapter 5

"W- What?"

"Look Em, I'm really sorry it's just that. Here look," Ced said handing me a piece of paper.

It said, Have You Seen This Wizard?
With a picture of my father on it.

"M-my father escaped?" I stuttered, "But why does that stop our friendship?"

"Look I don't want to stop being friends too, but my friends told me for the time being we shouldn't hang out because they don't want me to conflict with someone who's in Azkaban" he said which made my heart shatter.

I didn't want to lose one of the only friends I had. Cedric always cared about me and never my father and Azkaban. I was on the verge of tears.

"Oh ok, I'll guess I'll go then," I said not wanting him to see me cry.

I ran away and went to the Hospital Wing. I know I actually did feel fine but I really didn't want to go to classes right now.

So I made up an excuse.

"Madam Pomfrey? I don't feel too well" I had said walking into the Hospital Wing.

"Oh, what's the matter?" she asked.

"I have a very bad headache and I feel like throwing up," I said. That was sort of true. I felt like I was going to throw up.

"Oh alright, come lay down on that bed over there." Madam Pomfrey pointed at the hospital bed at the very end of the room.

I still didn't understand why Cedric stopped wanting to be friends. He NEVER cared about my father being in Azkaban. Ever. And especially when his friends told him. I mean even his parents didn't care.

Then again maybe it's because dad escaped and he's scared if he's still friends with me, dad could get to him.

I fell asleep until I heard Remus come in.

"Uncle Remus?" I said with a yawn.

"Emery are you alright?" he asked.

"Yes, I just had a headache and a small stomach ache. I'm doing a bit better now," I lied.

"Is it true?" I asked

"What is?" Remus replied.

"My father. Did he really escape?"

"Oh I'm not sure," he said.

"Oh. Ok" I said with a frown, "I think you should get back to your classroom. Shouldn't you be there right now?" I asked

"Classes have ended. I think you've been sleeping all day," he said with a grin.

"Oh i guess I should head to my common room," I said standing up from my bed.

"Alright, I'll see you at dinner," he said walking me out of the Hospital Wing.