xiv. DEATH MISSION

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

FOURTEEN
DEATH MISSION

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          Carson smiled to herself as she padded across the rug of her bedroom.

          She held a towel in her hand, patting her hair dry. Another one was wrapped tightly around her body and the steam from her shower seemed to follow her down the hallway. It had been so long since she was capable of showering in the comfort of her own home or even sleeping in her own bed and she was absolutely loving every bit of it. She was still pissed about the fact that Derek threw both her and Isaac out, but it was just the principle of the person who claimed to be her alpha throwing her out. Other than that, she was perfectly content how she was.

          Across the room, on her bed, her phone was lit up while a small ding echoed. She moved a little quicker, scooping it up. Sliding her thumb across the screen and tapping her code on the keys, she was met with the sight of a text.

          SCOTTY BOY: Meet me at my place, now.

          SCOTTY BOY: Urgent!!!!!!! 

          Eyebrows furrowed, Carson tapped along the touch screen before sending the message. What could be so urgent that he needed her to drop everything at nine at night for? It was bad enough the two of them had a track meet tomorrow; all she wanted to do was put on some pajamas and let herself fall asleep while Friends played on Netflix.

          TO SCOTTY BOY: What's going on?

          But moments later, Scott didn't make his vague message any clearer, just sending another message that read urgent, followed by at least another seven or so exclamation points. She rolled her eyes at her best friend's message before dropping the towel in her hand on the floor. She quickly made her way to her closet, yanking out a pair of leggings and an over-sized sweater. Trading her towel for that outfit and some undergarments, she then shoved her feet into socks followed by her well-worn combat boots.

          Shaking out her still wet hair, she scooped both towels up off the floor, grabbed her leather jacket off of the bed post. As she made her way out of her bedroom, the door closing soundly behind her, she only knew one thing.

          Scott better be damn right about this being urgent.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          Scott was right about it being urgent.

          Apparently, the alphas lived in the same building as the Argent's, just right above their heads actually. Scott had only found that out when he went to confront Allison about an arrow he had found the night Carson was losing her mind to the murderous voices in her head that were supplied by the full moon.