x. SHIFTING FEELINGS

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

TEN
SHIFTING FEELINGS

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          The next day was better and worse.

          It was better because the pack had Boyd and Cora back. The next full moon wouldn't be till another month. And Carson was starting to feel less awkward around Stiles, which was probably a good thing, considering he and Scott were pretty much a package. It had been that way since they were little, you don't get one without the other. She used to be involved in that, but times were changing. Maybe that was for the better.

          It was worse, in Carson's opinion, because she was forced to go to school. She would much rather stay home with the others. Hell, she would even let Derek throw her into a wall a couple hundred times if it involved her not having to deal with the hellhole that was Beacon Hills High. She was fairly certain that she was never going to be able to walk back into Coach's class, especially after that scene she had caused. He would probably hate her for the rest of the year and make her life in intro to business a living hell.

          Then again, Carson wasn't Greenberg.

          "This is pointless," she muttered to Isaac as they headed up the stairs to the school. "They lock us in here for eight hours a day and what do we get out of it? Maybe a fact or two, some shit lunch, and another four hours of mind numbing work."

          Isaac shrugged. "Anything has to be better than staying back at the loft with Peter."

          He pulled one of the doors open and she ducked under his arm to get by first. He chuckled at her impatience before taking two large steps to get beside her again; he was a giant and one stride of his matched at least four of hers. An arm then hooked over her shoulder and she shot him a curious look but he wasn't facing her, just shooting a heartbreaking grin at a few people they walked past. Everyone seemed rather confused as to why the two of them were walking together but no one bothered to say anything.

          "True, but at least it would give me a source of entertainment," Carson grumbled angrily. "All I get from here is potentially shoving you down a flight of stairs and laughing while you face plant."

          "Is it just me or has being a werewolf made you more violent?" Isaac chuckled lowly, drawing his face closer to her head as he said it.

          She looked up and met his blue eyes and shrugged underneath his arm. "I've always been like this. You just never really knew."

          "You never really knew me either," he pointed out.

          "Touché, Lahey," Carson muttered as he led her to her locker.

Bleeding Out ▸ Teen Wolf (3) | DiscontinuedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara