xii. NOT YOURS

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

TWELVE
NOT YOURS

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          "I'm telling you, this doesn't seem like a good idea," Carson muttered to Scott and Isaac as she struggled to keep up with them. Despite the fact that she was as much of a werewolf as they were and should be able to maintain speed with them, her short legs were no match for their lengthy strides. So she resorted to jogging after them. "They're going to be pissed, Scott."

          "That's what you wanted, right?" Scott asked, glancing at the older girl over his shoulder. "You just said, and I quote, get them really mad."

          "Yes, mad. Not murderous!" she whisper-shouted, before grabbing onto his shoulder and pulling him to a halt. Isaac stopped as well, circling back to stand in a triangle formation with the other two. "And besides, how the hell are we even going to be able to pull this off?"

          "What if we get help?" Isaac spoke suddenly, opening his mouth for the first time in minutes. He had been quiet as a mouse ever since they left the janitor's closet, obviously still shaken up from what had happened. Carson didn't blame him; if she had had such a bad memory of small spaces like the blue eyed boy did, she wouldn't want to go anywhere near them either.

          "Help from who?" the girl questioned him, raising an eyebrow. "I don't know about you, but I don't know anyone who will be willing to hot wire an alpha's motorbike."

          Scott seemed to ponder over this, before his eyes lingered at something over Carson's head. "What about Allison?"

          Carson turned around, seeing Beacon Hill's resident retired huntress over her shoulder. Her books were hugged to her chest as she walked alone. And once Allison made eye contact with the trio, who had all maneuvered their bodies to look at her, she looked down quickly; awkwardly trying to make it look like she had something more important to get to than fourth period study.

          Carson bit her lip at the girl before wheeling around to face her best friend. "And you're going to ask Allison for help? The girl who you can barely go three seconds thinking about without wanting to break down and listen to Alanis Morrisette on replay?"

          Isaac started snickering at the revelation, earning an elbow to his side. Scott glared at him momentarily, before nodding defiantly at Carson. "This isn't about what's going on between us. They're trying to wage war in our town, get the people we care about hurt and I'm not going to let it happen."

          "Scott, what's going to happen if they come after your ass then?"

          There was a small pause before he answered. "At least it won't be anyone else."