ii. STRANGER THINGS

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

TWO
STRANGER THINGS

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          Carson smoothed out the front of her skirt when a car horn beeped outside. A grin covered her face and she plucked her bag off the ground before heading towards the door.

          A familiar brunette girl was waiting outside, stood next to her car. Carson quickly locked the front door behind her before dashing off to meet her friend. Allison barely had time to blink before the smaller girl crushed her into a hug.

          "Damn, Carson," she laughed as she tossed her arms around the girl. "I saw you last night!"

          "Exactly, you saw me last night after a deer smashed into Lydia's car," she deadpanned, letting the other girl go. "Which, might I add, came after the fact that you and I haven't spoken for almost three months."

          Allison bit her lip, sighing. "I know, I know. It's just Lydia ㅡ "

          "Oh, trust me, I got the whole Team Scott versus Team Allison lecture," Carson scoffed, swinging her bag slightly. "Don't sweat it. I'm just happy I'm allowed to talk to you now."

          They both got into her car after a moment, the door clicking behind them. It was weird for Carson, being in the Mazda rather than Stiles' jeep. But since Lydia's car got wrecked last night, she demanded that the trio of girls have a celebratory girl's ride to school. And Stiles had texted his girlfriend this morning about deer, so he probably wouldn't have been an option anyways.

          None of the teens could really piece together what exactly had happened last night. All Carson knew was that now deer suddenly thought it was okay to run down the street like crazed freak shows.

          "So," Allison started slowly, backing up out the driveway at the Bradley residence and heading in the direction of Lydia's house. "How is ㅡ "

          "Lydia will slit my throat if you ask about Scott," Carson warned her. But smirking, she added, "He's good. Wouldn't shut up about you the entire summer, though. Stiles and I were just about ready to rip our hair out."

          A light blush formed its way onto Allison cheeks. Carson chuckled and Allison rolled her eyes before focusing back on the road. "So are you and Stiles still a thing?"

          The younger girl nodded. "Yup. Still going strong, still annoying everyone to death."

          "Have you two . . . you know?" Allison cast a quick glance at Carson which involved a wiggle of her brow. A smirk graced her lips and Carson rolled her eyes again.

          "You're gross," she remarked.

          "You love me."

          "That's debatable, Argent."