xvi. DARKENED THOUGHTS

NOTE: Trigger warning for this chapter. If need be, message me and I can summarize the chapter for you. Remember that you're all amazing and you're all worth it.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

SIXTEEN
DARKENED THOUGHTS

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          It was nighttime when they were finally let off the bus again, but they still weren't home. Instead, word of the storm raging outside had become so dangerous, Coach Finstock was forced to take precautionary measures. Unfortunately, that meant spending the night at a dilapidated looking motel.

          The sign flickered out in front, the two E's woven into the words Motel Glen Capri threatening to go out any second. Students groans got even louder as they piled off the bus but ever the optimist, Scott McCall shrugged at his friends.

          "I've seen worse," he stated, causing Stiles Stilinski and Carson Bradley to stare at him wide eyed.

          "Where have you seen worse?" Stiles questioned.

          "Are you high?" slipped from Carson's mouth at the exact same time.

          The three fell in line with the rest of the students, Danny and Ethan to the side of Stiles and Isaac and Boyd at Carson's. Scott was in the middle, with Lydia and Allison just over his shoulder. Everyone else was spread out amongst them as they all stood in front of Finstock, who brought the whistle to his mouth.

          Carson gritted her teeth when he blew into it, wondering if it was actually possible to burn a hole in her business teacher if she glared hard enough.

          "Listen up!" he yelled, gaining any and all attention. "The meets been pushed to tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourself."

          "Why don't you tell us how you really feel, Coach?" Carson muttered under her breath, causing Isaac to chuckle lowly beside her. She gulped as she stole a glance at him.

          "Alright, you're pairing up. Choose wisely," Coach continued, not having heard the young werewolf's sassy comment. He held out a handful of keys with room number tags dangling off the ends of them. "And I'll have no sexual perversions by any of little deviants. You got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves."

          Almost every student rolled their eyes at him, before groups of twos and threes began going up and plucking a key from Finstock's hand. Scott and Stiles had already grabbed one and were headed off, while Carson stayed behind as her mind was pretty much in a stressed out mode. If things were still the same, she would have been off with Stiles and Scott within seconds, the three not unused to sleeping in the same room at once. But now things were definitely different and as much as she and Stiles were trying to make even a friendship work, she wouldn't be comfortable with it.