xi. THREATS BACKFIRE

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

ELEVEN
THREATS BACKFIRE

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          "Don't let it bother you," Scott muttered to Isaac as the taller boy walked a little ways in front of him. "It's just lunch time detention. If all they want to do is piss you off, then you can't give in."

          That was easy for Scott to say. It was much more difficult for Isaac to even attempt to do as Scott guided, considering all that had gone down last period. One mind numbingly boring Physics class had quickly turned into a brawl when Isaac, who had still been enraged by the twins, asked to go to the bathroom. Scott had warned him to stay away from the twins until they had all the information (or basically just an answer on whether the murders were human sacrifices or not), but Isaac hadn't wanted to hear it.

          So he had found himself in the hallway, when all of a sudden Aiden and Ethan made their appearance. He had thought they were looking for a fight, and they were; it just wasn't with him. Aiden had literally kicked the living shit out of his brother, before vanishing around the corner. So when Mr. Harris came to see what all the 'damn ruckus' was about, all he found was Ethan laying in a pool of his own blood and Isaac merely six feet from him.

          And thus, Isaac was awarded lunch detention. It was safe to say he was even more pissed than before.

          The two boys finally reached Isaac's locker, to which he began angrily opening.

          "They're just trying to get to you," Scott reminded softly, as to alert no one else of what they were talking about.

          But one person, who was walking down the hall towards them from behind, could hear anything.

          Carson was suddenly between the two boys, one hand on each of their shoulders. She looked up at the taller boys brightly, before giving them each a nod. "Who's trying to get to who?"

         "The twins are screwing with Isaac," Scott told her, to which she nodded.

          "Well, then Scotty's right, Isaac. You can't let them get to you. They're only trying to piss you off. And as of right now, you're doing a fairly crap job of not falling for their trap my friend."

          Isaac glared at her momentarily, before nodding at something across the hall. "It's not just me," he muttered before turning to shove books in his locker.

          Carson and Scott glanced over to where their friend was originally looking, only to see the last thing that anyone wanted to see. Much like Isaac, Lydia was at her locker getting ready for the following period. And she wasn't alone either. Aiden (at least, Carson was pretty sure it was him; she didn't know the twins specifically by name nor did she care to learn) was leant up against the locker beside her, a smug grin on his face.