𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. it's a christmas miracle

RORY WOULD BE LYING IF she said she wasn't awake by nine that morning, unable to sleep due to the excitement of it all. the party didn't start while four that afternoon, and the others weren't coming over until three, but rory was still wide awake with anticipation. christmas eve was honestly rory's favourite day of the year, and the girl couldn't imagine a better way to spend it than with her closest friends— new and old— and a boy she couldn't help but get butterflies over whenever she thought about him.

AFTER KILLING TIME FOR A few hours, a knock came at the brunette's apartment door, and she was quick to spring up to answer it. connor morgan stood at the door, his signature grin on his face as rory let him into the house. "you cannot go to a party dressed like that," the pair both said simultaneously before bursting into laughter as rory pulled the tall boy into a hug. "come on," rory insisted, pulling him into the apartment. "you still owe me one free pass to give you a completely style makeover so." connor let out a sigh, "fine, but for the record, you don't exactly look classy in your sweats and swag tshirt." "shut the fuck up," rory rolled her eyes.

          BY THE TIME RORY AND connor were dressed accordingly, another knock on the door came, and isa, saffy and luca were all welcomed in. the other three were already dressed, and seemed surprised to see rory and connor also ready to go. "wow, looking fancy, rory," luca smirked, taking in the rare sight of rory stilinski in a dress as she did a twirl for him. "and wow, connor, clearly rory got hold of you. you don't look like a hood for once," isa laughed, watching as connor copied rory's spin. "and who are you all dressed up for?" saffy added, quirking her eyebrows at connor. "yeah," rory chimed in, "who's your mistletoe kiss, connor?" "i have a target," the boy said with a wink, which left him showered with a hundred questions from his friends, none of which he answered.

BEING THE ONLY RESPONSIBLE ONE of the group (in his words, no one else's), luca drove, so the five of them piled into his car, saffy in the front seat and connor, isa and rory in the back. despite constant prodding from rory and isa, connor refused to crack about who he was hoping to kiss under the mistletoe, so rory allowed her mind to wander to thoughts of a very specific blonde drummer. it would only be five or so minutes before the group arrived at the venue and she would finally be able to meet owen. it felt like a fever dream, rory meeting her favourite celebrity who she had a crush on, and who had a crush on her.

          THE OTHERS DIDN'T GIVE RORY any time to think as luca pulled up at the car park at the venue and the five climbed out. they were caught up in the flurry of the party, meeting so many cast and crew members and saying hi to everyone; apparently owen had been speaking of rory to just about everyone. however, the brunette kept her eyes peeled for owen, hoping to bump into him as soon as possible to stop her heart from racing. "rory!" the girl heard isa call, snapping her from her thoughts. "guess who i found!" madison reyes stepped forwards, a large smile on her face as she saw rory. "rory! oh my god, hi! first off, i am such a big fan, holy shit," madi gushed, causing rory to grin. "you're a fan of me? i'm a fan of you! you're incredible!" the two continued to speak and compliment each other until rory received an elbow in the side from connor, and looked up to see a familiar head of blonde hair.

          ONCE OWEN'S BLUE EYES CAUGHT onto rory's, the boys face broke into a large smile. "hiya, aurora," he grinned, earning a punch in the shoulder from the girl; "i told you not to call me aurora!" "wow, you're such a charmer," connor smirked, causing rory to notice that suddenly madi and all her other friends had apparently vacanted the area. "first date and you punch him before you even say hi." "piss off and go find your mystery mistletoe kiss," rory scowled, and connor raised his hands in defeat before slinking off into the rest of the party with a smirk.

          "HE'S RIGHT, YOU KNOW," OWEN said with a cocked eyebrow. "i'm not sure punching someone is the best way to romance them." "didn't realise i still had to romance you," the girl smirked, and instantly she felt herself relax. owen was the same; the two had never felt more comfortable around another. if just felt right. the pair spent the rest of the evening together, playing drinking games their netflix shows definitely need to know about and embracing the fact that they were finally in each other's company. that was, until, rory decided to go get a drink, and owen insisted on accompanying her. of course, the drinks table was where charlie had conveniently placed the mistletoe. good old charlie.

          "DID YOU KNOW THIS WAS here?" rory questioned as she filled up her cup, and owen shook his head. "nope, that's on charlie. rather convenient though," he added with a smug smile. "i don't know," rory mused jokingly. "not sure i'm down to get myself involved with someone who has crippling commitment issues." "would you look at that! they're gone! it's a christmas miracle!" owen exclaimed, wrapping his arms around rory's waist and pulling her in close. "do you want his kiss or not?" he asked as rory raised her eyebrows, causing the girl to laugh. "of course i do, dumbass," she answered before threading her hands into his long hair and pressing her lips to his.

HATTIE SPEAKS!
maybe it's almost midnight but
happy christmas eve also i'm proud
of this