Chapter 15: Echoes of Flaming Destruction

Offshore Crash Facility X, Mid-Morning.......
(Zayan Gaddafi/Blast Wave)
         I love how debris flies in multiple directions. I'm really pumped how this sound tech is improving everyday courtesy of the Syndicate. It was always broken down multiple times but now using these leftover scrap towers are good practice structures. They've enlisted Sabina and I to take down this so-called Shadowblade. I've heard how powerful he is but one can't truly believe unless I see it myself. "Imagine the payment and recognition we can get to do this simple job. Fire has been a destructive force so he better watch out." Sabina said. "Patience my sweet Sabina. One must observe how the waves crash together and strike when he'll least expect it. We're almost ready anyway so there's no way he can counteract the combined might of sound and flame." I said. Our bond has been strong for almost a decade so I always got my partner in crime. I'm sure he has too but this'll be awesome. We have a big task ahead and must anticipate his every move. With all this ravaging energy, Shadowblade has no chance of defeating us.

Cryogenic Laboratories, Afternoon.....
(Khurram Thakur/Cryosphere)
      Gotta make sure this freeze gauntlet ain't over-calibrated. Otherwise, the structure would self implode and then collapse in rigidity. "Alright Alia, I think we're gonna have another trial. Shoot the discs please." I ordered. "You got it, honey. Just don't freeze yourself, please. The kids and I had to thaw you out for 30 minutes last time." Alia jokes. That was one time but yes that did happen but not this time. There were four incoming and then with the right trajectory, they all froze perfectly. I think this'll be a keeper. Memorizing these codes is tough but is needed so that everything fits perfectly. "Ok that's fine, you can put down the launcher. Man being a cryogenics scientist isn't easy. We both learned that the hard way haven't we dear?" I asked. "I think you're exaggerating too much. Thankfully we got no meetings today. Plus my mom dropped off Jamal and Raina at school so one less thing to worry about. One day, our work will revolutionize cryogenics forever in due time." Alia explained. Everything was going well today and nothing could prevent it. However, an incoming call came through. I told Alia to put it through. "Hello? Are you professor Thakur? May we teleport to your lab? It's urgent we talk face to face." Saafir said. "I think Captain Ibrahim may have sent your contact info. I believe this is the Shadowblade that's been on the news lately. Do you want him to come over since he politely asked?" Alia questioned. I thought about and I guess so. Strange things happen but hey this should be fun. A flashy wormhole appeared as Saafir and someone else came over. "This is Sonam. She's been a fan of your work and convinced me to meet you." Saafir replied. "Pleasure to meet you, sir. My full name is Sonam Rangeela. You may know my sister Preksha." Sonam said. "Wait hold on. I remember that name. She used to be my research assistant 7 years ago and then worked for Muhammad Akel. I'm so sorry for your loss." I said. "Yes, it was unfortunate for everyone that day," Sonam replied. "So why have you come over today. There must be some sorta situation." Alia asked. "Ohh she's perceptive. I like her already. Ahem uh sorry, but we came since we got a city-wide alert that two lunatics have broken into a restricted warehouse filled with cutting edge that was imported here a couple of weeks ago. Captain Ibrahim informed that one of them uses sound waves to penetrate any closed area while the other utilizes fire destructively. That makes them a dynamic pair of total mayhem." Saafir explained. That sounded bad. It's time I showed what Alia has been working on. Now's the time to finally use this. "I think it's time to unveil our secret project. We've been experimenting with ice forever now and decided to control it through liquid nitrogen. There contained tiny canisters continuing to create a loop of continuous supply. We present the cryogenic suit." I stated. Can't believe now is the time that we were gonna use this. "If it's possible after this mission, would you be able to join us? This is of course your choice and yours alone." Sonam offered. Whoa, that was sudden. I just can't leave behind my family right now. I don't know what to do. I sat down to think for a while. "Hey, honey. I think you should go with them. You always planned on mentoring young minds and they seem like amazing people. Muhammad was gonna be theirs so this is an amazing opportunity. I've studied well and can handle everything here. You can't replace him but a way to create change in this troubling world is out there. Yama is a madman and must answer to his choice of tearing down the company he strived so hard to build up. Just promise you'll visit us is all I ask." Alia said. I kinda teared up and hugged her. She's right. For so long, people have been clouded by blind ambition that status matters more than reason. "Alright. I'll humbly accept your offer as my wife is an understanding person. Let me prove my worth and dedication today but you don't have to call me professor Thakur anymore. Call me Cryosphere." I stated. "Ok then. That part was a surprise but we're humbled for you to join our team. We won't let you down either." Saafir said. We shook hands and then from here on out my new journey started.