Chapter 18: The Grand Masquerade

Syndicate Headquarters, Mid morning.....
(Rasheena Rehman/Elite Trinity)
        Is it tough to just beat this heroic fool? I've nearly exhausted a lot of resources and henchmen I could possibly think of but this war is from over. I need to draw him out somehow with no battles or violence. A subtle approach will be a perfect way so it'll work as a perfect trap. I'm really desping Yama cause he literally has everything but does nothing even if he has a lot of power. If only there was a way to erase him permanently. I rang in Lais to see if he had any ideas cause I'm running out. "So you need a way to attract Shadowblade but subtly huh? I may have a probable solution. Honestly, you and I have a common interest. Yama is a powerful businessman, trying to maintain his image. He fends off attention nearly every moment so let's use this to our advantage. Let's arrange a grand ball since his empire is booming. It'll be a fundraiser event too but nothing like that Evolution Stadium fiasco. Open the invite to all the top business moguls, VIPs for Shadowblade's family, friends and some of his enemies he's fought. Not everyone pays attention to the news since ACPD barely keeps up in capturing so to those guests, they'll be regular people. I've been working a bit with Mastermind so we can take care of Yama for you. We'll make sure you weren't involved." Lais offered. A splendid plan that can turn the tide for us, so this can work. "Ok, I'll call Yazmeen and organize everything from there. It's about time we get outta here and have some fun. I don't care if you kill or not cause he's still someone worthy of our cause." I said. "Alright, we'll just intimidate him as a wakeup call then. We don;t tolerate loose ends so Yama will be strictly reminded." Lais replied. I like this viewpoint so he has an incentive to not disappoint cause without us, he would've still been a nobody. Shadowblade has caused enough trouble for me and the Syndicate so let's show him what we're truly capable of.

Pocket Dimension Layer, Lambda Level 3 simulation, Afternoon......
(Saafir Radwan/Shadowblade)
       I'm glad this training session with Professor Khruam will help teach him what techniques are important to keep in mind since weaponry doesn't truly define heroes. Hand-to-hand combat helps bolster chances by mixing whatever tools that'll shift energy to overpower any opponent. Professor Khuram kept up well and we spared for a good 30 minutes. I leg sweep when he least expected to show that awareness is a key pathway in strengthening the mind. "Hope I didn't go super rough on ya prof. Just wanted to prove a point back there." I said. "No worries Saafir. I'm fairly new to this stuff but I do know how to defend myself and to figure out weaknesses that are present for me to fix so thanks for teaching me." Khuram said. I helped him up and Sonam came to give us some water to hydrate. I checked the cyber desk to update on our criminal files since it's expanded a bit. I checked the inbox for any important messages and we did receive one. "Hey come over here guys. There's an invitation attached to this email from Yama. It says: Come on down to the grandest party of the year as we celebrate our highest success ever. Bring your family and friends to celebrate a night of joy and wellness. This wreaks Syndicate all over. I can feel it in my gut that this is a trap to draw us out." I said. "Yes you're right about that but we at least can have fun but remain cautious. I also can sense how big leaders from top companies are gonna be there as well as your past enemies in Alpha city. Media coverage is super shallow when it comes to big stories since Yama's followers' bandwagon his every action. That's why people are aware of big stores like your victories but are short-lived." Sonam stated."I hacked into their system to see that there's gonna be a lot of people of high status and VIPs like us. I'm not a party person but sure I'll go since I can't argue as Saafir wins every time." Padmini replied.

      I won't mind bringing them to this event but there's an unsettling feeling about this. I called home so Erum knew what happened and that she got sent an invite too. Wow it's like they're desperate for all of us to go. They got really excited and started getting ready but it wasn't until 8. Still, any moment something's off then it'll get ugly which I feel will happen. A couple hours passed along as we concluded with more training, lab work, and last-minute tech-prep. I wanted to clear my head so I went to my room. Sonam knocked on my door. "Hey. I see you're really tense right now. I know this all looks like a bad thing and that I'm not enthusiastic about going but this is gonna be fun. Destress a bit cause this hero stuff has really taken a toll on you." she replied. "Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just that wherever a situation happens, y'all and my family get caught in the crossfire and it would be nice to just avoid that for once. I'm gonna calm down a bit and get ready. You should do the same. Thanks for reminding me what matters the most." I said. She smiled back and then went on. I cleaned up a bit and found the best outfit this closet had. I called Tabana and Erum to call up everyone and be there around 7:30 since they seemed really stoked. I came down and gotta give the prof some props. He was looking nice in a basic gray suit and tie. I pulled of black and white due to my charming presence. Sonam and Padmini came down in beautiful dresses. "Wow you guys look amazing," I replied. "Sonam forced me to and I'm not happy with this. Took me five minutes to put in contacts. Are you sure I can't stay here alone?" Padmini pleaded. "Uh no. It's a Saturday night and a lot of people are gonna be there. This isn't quite how I pictured partying but we're going for some fun and investigating why this celebration came all of a sudden so let's get in the car." I said. I put in the coordinates in the GPS and took the fastest route to Yama industries. Professor Khuram and I made sure we got linked up to our other suits just in case any danger happens and I let Padmini take her tablet since at least she's got some tech that will appease her nerves. This will be a great night but I wish no one will ruin it which I highly doubt.