11

Paxton woke up to Tristan looking down at his face. He jumped up and glared at the new demon.

"What the hell are you doing?" he hissed, glancing down at the end of the bed and finding the two wolf pups missing. "Where are the pups?!"

"That's why I'm in here, you salty fuck," Tristan growled. "They got into and ate all of the marshmallows out of my lucky charms!"

Paxton chuckled. "Who's salty?" he asked, getting up. "Get over it, I'll get you more cereal."

Tristan huffed and stomped out of the room.

Renato opened his eyes as soon as the demon left.

"Were you pretending to be asleep?"

"Yes. I didn't feel like dealing with him being upset with our children."

Paxton rolled his eyes and shoved a pillow over Renato's face. "Whatever. Get up, we have to find them and tell them not to take anymore of Tristan's cereal."

"They're our babies!" Renato exclaimed. "They can do as they please."

"Fine, then you can tell that to Tristan and deal with his whining," Paxton said, a satisfied smirk growing on his face when Renato's eyes widened and he shook his head.

"I fear very few things, but the wrath of that young demon is terrifying."

Paxton laughed and kissed Renato, his heart swelling with love and admiration for his vampire. That was, until he felt a burning sensation all over his tattooed areas, making him gasp in pain.

"What is wrong?" Renato asked, scooping Paxton up and searching his body for injuries.

Paxton shook his head and forced himself to relax. "Master Alastor is here," he said, looking into a corner of the room and finding the demon walk out, his eyes glowing as he entered in his demon form. "Renato, go out to the living room and keep the pups there. I don't want them to see Master Alastor like this and have them fear him."

Renato obeyed, pecking Paxton's lips once more before he vanished.

"I never expected you to become infatuated like you are," Alastor said, a smirk on his face. "It is not in your nature."

"I did tell you not to give me a soulmate when I began to live on this world, but you did it anyway."

Alastor continued to smile. "And are you complaining?" he asked, before sitting down on the desk chair in Paxton's room. "I require your assistance."

"You do?" Paxton asked, surprised. "You haven't asked for my help in over a month."

"Yes, but I need it now."

Paxton stayed quiet, waiting for Alastor to continue.

"I need information, on a certain human." Alastor paused and handed Paxton a file. "Here is everything I've found about him so far, but I was seen by his parents a few times and I wish to not scare them off or I will have to waste time tracking them down again."

"This is Tristan's younger brother," Paxton said, his jaw dropped. "He's a child!"

Alastor scoffed. "I won't take him until he's seventeen." He checked his watch. "Only fourteen years, thirty four days, eleven hours, seven minutes, and twenty five seconds."

Paxton didn't know how to react for a second, so he just looked through the file. "Why him?" he asked. "I assumed that you'd find someone when they were already an adult or-"

"You question my choice?" Alastor growled, his eyes glowing and making Paxton step back with a small chill running down his spine.

"No, Master Alastor."