12

Paxton was ninety seven percent sure that Tristan had no clue what Alastor's plans for his younger brother were. He knew that Tristan was aware that Alastor would be carrying out a revenge plan, but he'd been complaining to everyone that it hadn't been followed through yet and how annoyed he was.

So, Paxton decided to get involved.

"Winston, come talk with me," Paxton ordered as the other demon sat on the couch with Tristan on his lap.

Winston glanced at his soulmate for a brief second before he apologized to Tristan and got up. Even if Paxton didn't live with them, he still made the rules and the sins never disobeyed unless there was good reason to.

Paxton brought Winston to an empty guest room and locked the door, knowing it was soundproof and Tristan didn't have a way to eavesdrop.

"What do you know of Alastor's revenge plan that he is carrying out per Tristan's request?" Paxton asked, his voice demanding and offering no room for argument or hesitation on Winston's end.

Winston shrugged. "He just said it'd take a while. Why?"

Paxton scoffed. "Because his plan consists of something that I do not support."

That surprised Winston. "You? The most ruthless demon in our group, are nervous about a plan that the literal lord of Hell wants to follow through with?" He shook his head in disbelief. "Are you gonna tell me his plan so I can decide for myself whether I support it or not?"

"Yes, but I will warn you that if you tell Tristan, he will either be livid and demand to castrate Alastor, or he'll love the idea and think it's the best possible plan, and with your insane soulmate, I will assume it's going to be the second option."

Winston remained quiet, a signal for Paxton to continue.

"Alastor wishes to take his younger brother and in a way make him into his personal slave."

Winston didn't react the way that Paxton assumed he would. "Yeah, so?"

"How does that not bother you?!"

"Because he deserves it?" Winston said, his tone questioning. "I mean, his parents fucked up, and then instead of making amends, they literally replaced him. I don't see the problem with punishing the brat for their mistake."

Paxton slapped Winston across the face, leaving an angry red mark. "How can you say that?!" he demanded, growling at Winston as his horns and wings grew. "He didn't ask for his parents to do anything like that!"

Winston huffed. "You're a demon, Pax. A sin. Since when do we care who's getting punished as long as revenge and punishment are given?"

"Never, until now, apparently."

"Just because you adopted two kids does not mean that you need to feel pity for all of the ones in existence. Tristan deserves a satisfying way to take revenge on his fucked up family, and I think this is a good way. Who knows? Maybe his brother will like it," Winston said, laughing and barely dodging Paxton's next attempt to slap him. "Relax, we're demons. We're meant to do stuff like this."

Paxton glared at him, but he forced himself to relax so his wings and horns would go back into his body and he didn't ruin his shirt more than he already had.

"We are meant to punish those who deserve it. Not innocent children."

Winston rolled his eyes and walked toward the door. "What's the difference?"

And, honestly, Paxton couldn't come up with a good answer. He knew it was different to punish someone for another's mistake, but they'd done it for thousands of years, so he knew it would be difficult to try to change the minds of the other demons.