Epilogue

14 years and 10 months later:

"But dad-"

"No," Paxton said firmly, glaring at his son. "You are still my child and living under my roof, and I don't like that Alpha whatsoever."

Seremi groaned, turning and stomping away. "I'm an adult!" he snapped, snarling at his father. "I can do what I want!"

Paxton shook his head and rolled his eyes as Seremi stomped away. "You live in my house and you may be an adult according to humans, but in immortal years, you're much younger. I'm not letting you run around with that Alpha."

"Willow gets to go out with her girlfriend all the time!"

"Willow is older than you, she's able to sense her mate, and she was never as secretive as you're being. Plus, she is a Beta wolf and you're an Omega. I don't trust that Alpha around you."

Seremi growled. "I bet my better dad would let me."

Paxton chuckled. "Sure he won't," he said, looking at the clock on the wall, signifying that Renato would be home any minute now.

Renato had gotten a job at an office building a few years after they adopted Willow and Seremi so that they could make extra money for vacations and whatnot.

"Yes he will! He loves me more than you!"

"If that's true, that means he's bound to be more protective and will be even stricter than I am," Paxton said, chuckling. "Best hide your phone or he might take that so you don't have contact with that Alpha."

Seremi's eyes widened and he climbed on top of the counter, hiding his phone in the liquor cabinet, since Renato rarely went in there. He preferred wine and other chilled alcohols.

"There. Hidden."

Paxton smirked. "Still think your better dad will support what you want to do?" he asked, ruffling his son's hair. "Besides, you won't be able to sense your soulmate for another few months. How would they feel if you had an attraction for another person?"

"He likes being around me and he's already of age for mating!" Seremi exclaimed. "What if he can sense it but doesn't want to spoil it?!"

Paxton sighed. "Then you wait until you can sense it as well. That's what Willow had to do."

Seremi huffed and stomped away to the living room, curling up on the couch.

The door to the house opened and Renato walked in, making Paxton sigh, relieved he finally had his lover back home with him.

"Darling," Renato purred, kissing Paxton on the cheek and holding him in a gentle embrace. He caught the eye of his son who was still laying on the couch and pouting. "Seremi, what is wrong?"

"Nothing," Seremi mumbled, slamming his face into a pillow. "I'm fine."

Renato looked at Paxton for a better answer.

"Someone's upset that I won't let him go out with that pathetic Alpha."

Renato raised an eyebrow. "Why not? He's an adult."

"Renato!" Paxton snapped while Seremi hopped up and sprinted over to Renato, diving into his arms and cheering.

"I never listed my conditions," Renato said, making Paxton and Seremi both stop their reactions. "First, you will bring him here for a dinner with us, he will bring you on dates to the city where we can know where you are at all times, and he will wait until you are of age to sense your soulmate before he gets to kiss or touch you in any way."

Seremi pouted. "That's so unfair!"

"Fine, then we can go back to you not seeing him at all," Renato said with a shrug. "I think I like that idea better, in fact."

"I'll follow your stupid rules," Seremi muttered, hopping up on the counter and taking his phone from its hiding spot. "Can he come over?"

Renato nodded. "Yes, and you two will stay in the living room area and public areas of the house, understood?"

Seremi hummed, though he was clearly annoyed. The young wolf left to his room to text the Alpha that he was so interested in while Renato and Paxton stayed in the living room area.

"He is not our little baby anymore," Renato stated, making Paxton huff. "He's growing up and falling in love."

"Don't say that. It's just some whore Alpha who wants to break his heart," Paxton growled, making Renato shake with laughter.

Renato closed his eyes and laid on the couch with Paxton on top of him. "If that is the case, he needs to deal with it. It's his life and he must make his own mistakes."

"Yeah... but-"

"No, he is grown, and he can make his own mistakes. We will always be here to love and support him, but we are allowed to let him make mistakes, too."

Paxton stayed quiet, trying not to look too annoyed. He closed his eyes and leaned all of his body weight on his lover, but his peaceful moment was ruined by a portal opening in their living room.

Simon and Kayden entered, both sitting down on the couch as Alastor followed them.

"Thanks for the heads up," Paxton said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "What do you want?"

"We're just visiting," Kayden said. "And I hate planes so we decided to go through the portal."

Alastor nodded in agreement. "I wish to speak with you," he said, a mischievous smile on his face.

Paxton narrowed his eyes. "Yes?" he asked, wary of the grin taking over the demon lord's face.

"You helped Winston kidnap Tristan how every many years ago, and I wish for you to collect his brother for me."

"Why can't you?" Paxton asked, his eyebrows furrowed. "You want him so bad and I've made it very clear that I do not support this plan."

Alastor glared at him. "It makes me look better if you do it."

"You're the one who wants to make a point. I won't do it, so find someone else," Paxton growled. "You have two months to find someone, don't you?"

"If you don't do it I'll take him right now."

Paxton scoffed. "Well, I'm not."

Alastor smirked. "I knew you wouldn't," he said, almost purring from his throat. "I'll be leaving to go collect my human now. Goodbye."

Paxton's eyes widened as he watched the demon lord disappear.

"Is he really-"

Paxton cut Kayden off by lifting his hand. "Yes, he is. I wish the boy the best of luck. Only Hell knows what the demon lord has planned for him."