Chapter 34

Luke Patterson

I hum softly, mindlessly strumming the guitar that rests in my lap as I search for the next chords of the song.

My mind has been running wild, it feels overcrowded to the point that it's become overwhelming, yet with everything, I still can't seem to find the right lyrics to finish this song.

Every time I give myself the time to search through my thoughts, all I seem to be able to notice is Tanna but slowly, Laura's words have started looming across my mind as well.

After sitting here, for what feels like hours, I haven't been able to figure out what to write down next because every time I try tap into my thoughts, all I can hear is Laura's words.

I know she wasn't wrong. I shouldn't have gotten involved with Tanna, all I did was hurt her and I'm not worth her time.

I'm not good enough for her despite how much as I wish I was, but is it so bad that all I want to do is be selfish and hold her in my arms again?

I pick up my journal that was on the couch next to me, placing it on the body of my guitar as I scribble down some lyrics.

And all the wasted time is reminding me of
Searching for you in another's touch

I lift my pen up, holding it tightly in between my fist as a single tear escapes my eye. I lift my hand, wiping it away quickly but that was no use because once that first tear left my eye the rest followed in an unbroken stream.

Alex Mercer

"Hey Reg, have you spoken to Luke since he ran into Laura?" I ask as the two of us sit on the couch in the TV room.

"I've tried, he's been really quiet." I sigh, nodding in understanding because Luke wasn't speaking much to me either.

The words that left Laura's lips a few days ago had really gotten to Luke and knowing him, I know how badly it was affecting him, but he wasn't one to reach out when it came to his emotions.

"Do you think we should go speak to him? I think he needs us." I say worried as Reggie nods in agreement.

"Yeah let's go, I saw him go down to the studio this morning." The two of us stand up before making our way downstairs to the studio.

We stop at the doors and my heart tightens at the sight of Luke sitting in the corner of the couch with his head in his hands on top of his guitar.

It was painful to see him like this, considering the last time I saw him  like this was because of his parents.

I look at Reggie, seeing the same sadness in his eyes as I gesture with my head towards Luke. The two of us walk further into the studio until we reach the couch Luke was on.

As Reggie sits down on the floor in front of Luke, I sit down onto the couch right next to Luke, who feels the couch dip and notices our presence.

He lifts his head, looking at Reggie before turning to look at me, letting me see his slightly red eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"Luke man, you can't listen to what Laura said." Reggie says softly as he wraps his arms around his legs, hugging them towards himself.

"Reggie's right you know? Nothing she said was true, you're an incredible person." I say sighing softly as Luke keeps his gaze on his guitar.

"She's not wrong, I'm not someone worth staying around, you guys are just wasting your time." He speaks softly, but I know Reggie heard every single word clearly, just like I did.

"She couldn't be more wrong man! Luke I treasure every single second I get to spend with you and Alex. You have been my family when my own family chose to fight instead of acknowledge me."

"You mean so much to both of us Luke, you can't let Laura take control of your own thoughts. You are literally irreplaceable in our lives, we aren't going anywhere."

"Yeah, you're stuck with us for eternity." Reggie shrugs agreeing with me and I can't help but smile as his words make Luke chuckle softly.

"Don't undermine your worth Luke, you're incredibly talented and we are so lucky to have you in our lives." I say, hoping he knows that were here for him to talk to if he needed that.

"I- there are so many thoughts going through my mind and it's extremely overwhelming. I don't know what to do?" He says, wiping the tears from his face and I can't help but notice the distress bleeding through his voice.

"It's okay, we'll figure this out together, okay?" I say genuinely, looking into his eyes as he nods slowly. "Have you tried writing? That usually helps."

"I've been trying, I can't even finish this one song I've been working on, it's like an opinion overload in my mind, yet I can't sort through it."

"Um, okay Opinion Overload sounds like a really cool song title." Reggie says making me smile when we see Luke's eyes light up slightly.

Luke Patterson

The boys and I have been sitting in the studio together for the last few hours, brainstorming ideas and lyrics for the song we started writing together.

I smile slightly to myself as I look between the three of us, extremely happy that we were back to the way we were before everything happened.

"Are you okay?" Alex's voice snaps me out of my thoughts as he notices the smile on my face.

"I'm good, I was thinking we could play this at our next gig. What do you guys think?"

"I'm in! I think we wrote a killer song, but do we even have a next gig?" Reggie says excitedly making Alex shrug in agreement.

"Not yet, but," I say taking out my phone, opening safari to the website with a list of available gigs over the next three weeks, "let's see what we can find."

The three of us sat together, gazing down at the phone screen, discussing which gigs would be the best and after submitting Sunset Curve to a few, all we could do was rehearse and wait.

>>>

I have to dedicate this to the most incredible people ever! There are so many of you and my Wattpad won't let me tag you all so I'm just gonna split it across chapters! I love you all seriously.

thnksfrthvnm_32213
Mech-x4fan
Lesko_
rachelliizp
urfavbadger