Chapter 26

"Remind me again why you're packing at midnight?"

"Really El?"

"Yes, it's 8am, did you really expect me to be awake and fully functioning at this hour?"

"Fair enough, but I'm coming home."

"Yes, I got that part, but isn't it a bit too early to be packing for two weeks time?"

"El, my flight is tomorrow night."

"Tomorrow night?!"

"Yeah." I say sighing, staring at her through the screen before returning to placing the last few toiletry bags into the suitcase and zipping it up.

"Did something happen?"

"No, well I mean kind of?" The words that come out of my mouth make me sound completely unsure of myself which causes Ella to furrow her eyebrows. "I don't want you to worry about it, I'll tell you everything when I get home."

"I'm worried."

"No, don't be El, I'm okay." I say laughing softly as I haul my suitcase upright before placing it on the floor.
I run my hand through my hair to move it out of my face as I continue speaking. "I'm gonna go take this downstairs, I'd take you with me, but the boys are sleeping."

"It's okay, I'm going back to sleep anyways, it's way too early to be up." She yawns straight after speaking and I can't help but laugh before saying goodbye.

I close the app, locking my phone and leaving it on the desk as I pick up my suitcase with both hands, trying to move quietly out my room.

I figured staying awake wouldn't be such a bad idea because at least I'd be able to sleep on the plane and not be restless the whole flight.

I huff softly when my hair falls in my eyes, blocking my view as I make my way to the staircase with the suitcase in my hands.

I try blow the hair out of my eyes, succeeding momentarily before it falls straight back in front of me eyes making em groan.

I mentally roll my eyes at how far I still have to go until I'm downstairs. Maybe I should have just left it and for Alex to help me, but I've gotten here, so I might as well as continue.

I take step forward, trying to move down the steps when my body crashes into something hard and I let go of the suitcase, gripping onto the thing in front of me to stay stable.

I keep my eyes down, noticing a hand gripping my suitcase, stopping it from falling all the way down the stairs.

My gaze follows along to see the other arm wrapped tightly around my waist, keeping me close to his body.

I stay dead still, keeping my eyes down and away from his as he slowly places the suitcase back up onto the top of the staircase.

At the lack of movement, I finally decide to look up slightly through my hair covering my face.

I loosen the grip I had on his arm and neck as he slowly lifts his hand to brush the hair out of my face.

My breath catches in my throat at our close proximity as my eyes search his desperately, searching for something that I wasn't even sure of. I feel my heart beat faster and faster as I watch his eyes watch me cautiously.

It was like something momentarily clouded my logic and brain as I tightened my grip around his neck pulling him towards me as he pulled me closer to him at the same time, connecting our lips.

I let my hand run up his arm until it rested around his neck to meet my other hand, tanging my fingers in his hair.

His lips move against mine in a rush, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach as he bites down on my bottom lip gently making me gasp.

I could taste the peppermint of his lips which completely overpowered all my senses and I couldn't help but  melt into him even more. The taste of him silenced my thoughts and made me crave more.

I can't help but cling to him at the intensity of the kiss, knowing he's the only solid thing keeping me from falling.

I wrapped my arms tighter around his neck, the both of us feeling a desperation to get closer.

His mouth was insistent in parting my lips as he stepped up onto the same level as me. I had to tilt my head up to keep our lips attached as he led me blindly down the hallway to his room.

After all this time, just one kiss had evoked emotions I didn't even know I was capable of feeling. I couldn't seem to get enough of him, matching his every movement as if my life depended on it.

I heard the sound of the bedroom door close before I felt my back gently hit the door behind me. I let my fingers drop down from his neck before slipping them under his shirt causing him to gasp as I feel the heat of his skin against mine.

Reality starts to filter through my thoughts again, making me pause my actions as he pulls back in confusion, the two of us breathing heavily as he stares at me.

"This is why I have to leave." I whisper to myself between breaths but he hears, causing his eyebrows to furrow at my words.

"Tan, you don't need to leave. Why don't you stay here, with me?"

"You don't get to do this Luke." I say dropping my head back against the door and laugh at myself in disbelief. "You don't get to say those things, I've been missing you for weeks, just waiting for some sensible reason to all of this but you've been with her."

"I'm not with Laura."

"Who are you lying to?"

"You've been really close with Reggie anyways, who are you to speak?"

"Excuse me?!"

"You heard me."

"Is that what this all is, what that just was?" The words escape my mouth, with nothing but anger because at this point, my emotions are completely drained. "Luke I cannot believe you. I seriously need to get out of here."