Chapter 44

Tanna Carson

The soft sound of snoring filters through my ears making me cuddle further into the duvet cover that I had in my hand.

As I pull it closer towards my face, I feel an arm tightening around my waist, pulling me closer against their body.

I smile to myself, letting my eyes flutter open slowly to adjust to the sunlight shining through the curtains that were left open last night.

I quickly loosen my grip after noticing I was tugging on a shirt instead of the duvet I thought I was cuddling into.

After breathing in deeply, I tilt my head up slightly, trying to remember how I fell asleep but all I could figure out was that the jet lag and lack of sleep had finally caught up with me and rather quickly might I add.

I gently lift my hand up, placing it on the side of Luke's face before running my thumb across his bottom lip, just admiring how peaceful he looked.

"Mmh." I stop my actions, keeping my hand still as I watch his eyes open slowly before landing on me. "Why'd you stop?"

"I'm sorry for waking you." I say sheepishly, my face heating up at the sound of his morning voice.

"It's okay, was kind of awake anyways." He says and I can't help but bite my lip at the raspiness of his voice as he flips over to lay flat on his back. I take the opportunity to move closer, folding both my arms on the top of his chest. I lean forward slightly, resting my head on my arms as I look at him. "Morning gorgeous."

Once again, I could feel my cheeks getting red as he looks directly at me, chuckling when I hide my face in my hands.

"Morning Luke." My voice comes out muffled from in-between my hands, making him laugh more. "How'd you sleep?"

"The best sleep I've had in a while. You should know though, considering you kept trying to take my shirt off in the middle of the night." I lift my head at his words, my eyes wide as I notice the playful glint in his eyes.

"I just wanted to be closer, I thought you were the duvet." I say pouting up at him.

"You know, if you wanted me to take my shirt off, all you had to do was ask." His signature smirk grows across his face and I can't help but roll my eyes, trying to hide how flustered I was.

I sit up, pushing against his chest for support so I could move away from him, but he catches my hands, holding them in his to keep me from leaving.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean it." He pouts, yet all I could think about was what he had called me. "Come back please."

"Baby?"

"Oh I- uh-" I can't help but smile at how flustered he became after I mentioned it.

"I'm kidding, I kinda like it," I say shyly, letting go of his hands before crawling back towards him. I swing my leg over his torso, resting my legs on either side of his waist as I smirk down at him before speaking again, "baby."

He rolls his eyes, taking my hands in his before suddenly flipping me off of him and onto my back. I can't help the laugh that escapes my lips when my back hits the bed underneath me.

I keep my eyes on him, watching as he lifts himself up, propping himself on his hands on either side of me before hovering over me.

My breath hitches in my throat as I keep my gaze on his eyes, feeling completely mesmerized in a matter of seconds.

"You seem a bit lost over there, you need some help?" As much as I want to roll my eyes at his sudden cockiness, I can't seem to take my eyes away from his so all I do is nod. "Well I could, but you were just mocking me so.."

I finally break out of my gaze, rolling my eyes before locking them back with his.

"Can you stop being such a dork and just kiss me please?" As soon as the words leave my lips, he raises his one eyebrow in amusement while looking down at me, not moving any closer. "Lukkeee."

"Something wrong Tan?" I pout, looking up at the smirk across his face, knowing he's loving every second of this.

"Are you going to kiss me or?"

"Eager now are we?" He chuckles at the annoyed express on my face but as soon as I open my mouth to speak, he leans down, finally connecting our lips.

I sigh in complete satisfaction at the feeling of his lips against mine, letting my eyes flutter closed as my heart beat faster and faster.

I tried to move my hands up to his hair, but Luke's hands remained on mine, keeping them in place, making me huff quietly.

He chuckles deeply, making his chest vibrate before he bites down on my bottom lip softly, making me open my mouth a bit wider.

I feel his tongue slowly enter my mouth, making me want to pull him even closer to me but without any luck. The taste of peppermint fills my mouth, heightening all my senses as I give up on trying to move my hands out from under his.

"Um, I think I walked in on something that I wasn't supposed to see." At the sound of the voice filling the air, Luke lifts himself up, sitting next to me before turning his head towards the door and I can't help but giggle softly.

"You're all good man." I bite down on my bottom lip while Luke talks, running my tongue along it as I try to catch my breath before sitting up completely.

"Is everything okay Reg?"

"I- um, we're all going out for lunch at two if you guys wanna come."

"Who's we?"

"Oh, Ella, Alex, Willie and me of course."

"I'm definitely joining, thanks Reg." I say smiling at him as he nods returning his signature smile before looking over at Luke.

"I'm in as well." Luke pipes in from besides me and as soon as I turn to face him, I already catch him looking at me.

"Yeah okay." The faint sound of Reggie's voice signaled that he had left the room, but I couldn't help but shake my head in laughter at his next words. "Alex! Luke and Tanna were kissing!"

"Tan?" I turn my head to look back at Luke, searching his eyes to see if something was bothering him. "I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me? A proper one this time." I could sense his nerves by the way he rubbed the back of his neck, patiently waiting for me to respond.

"I'm looking forward to it already."