Chapter 11

Tanna Carson

"Sorry, can't let you backstage. Performers and crew only." I look up at the security guard with a blank face.

It's been just over week since I moved here and right now I'm backstage at the venue for the music festival where the boys are playing in a few hours, or at least I'm trying to get backstage, but this guy won't budge.

"I'm here with Sunset Curve, you know, Alex, Reggie and Luke?" His face doesn't change at all despite me trying to explain it for the third time. "You know what, never mind, give me a second." I give up, taking  opening my phone to call one of the boys.

I click on Alex's contact, tapping my finger against my cup as I wait for him to answer.

"Hey Tan, are you okay, you said you'd be here half an hour ago?"  Alex's voice sounds through the phone speaker making me sigh in relief.

"Sorry, I went past Starbucks on the way here, but I've been trying to get backstage for the last ten minutes but the security guard won't let me through." I narrow my eyes at the security guy who looks completely unfazed.

"Hold on." I hear him talk to someone in the background, mentioning something about his drums before he returns to the phone. "I'm sending Reggie to come get you."

I mutter a thank you before ending the call and turning my head towards the security guard, flashing him a false smile.

I lock my phone, sliding it into my back pocket as I lift the Frappuccino to my lips as I wait for Reggie.

"Roomie!" Reggie's voice ring through the air, making my ears perk up as I turn to see him walking towards me. "Hey man, I hope you don't mind, I'm just gonna steal her. She's with us."

I walk towards Reggie as the guard finally moves out the way. "Thank youuuu."

Reggie wraps me in his arms as soon as I'm in his reach and I can't help but laugh.

"All okay Reg?"

"Yeah, just missed you." He says simply, making my smile widen.

It's crazy to think how after a week of living with these boys I've already become so close to them.

"You know you saw me five hours ago, right?" I tease making him laugh loudly.

"Five hours is a long time when you live with someone." I nod in understanding as he leads me to the boys with an arm around my shoulders. "I'm back with our roomie."

Reggies announcement was rather loud and I bit down on my lip as everyone around look over at us before returning to what they were doing.

I laugh, rolling my eyes as I push Reggie away from me.

"Heyy." He pouts at my actions and I wink at him before walking closer to the other two boys.

"Whatcha got there?" Alex says raising his eyebrows as eyes the drink in my hand. I roll my eyes playfully before holding the drink out in front of me.

"I should have known. It's a Hibiscus Ice tea." He takes the drink from my hand, taking a sip and handing it back to me.

"Mmmh, that's good." He says pointing at the cup as the boys just watch us intently.

"Did you guys just?" Reggie looks at the two of us, gesturing towards my drink then turning to look at Luke.

"You act like sharing a drink is the worst thing possible." I raise my eyebrows in amusement as I lift cup back up to my lips, watching the boys talk.