14- Allison's a pretty name

While they waited for Bender to get back from whatever the hell he was doing, the library filled with an uncomfortable silence that was almost fretful, the only noise being a constant flicking coming from the lighter Bender had given Matt. Eventually the boy was being shoved into the library by Vernon. As they made there entrance everyone looked up in hopes to learn what Bender had done.

"Get your stuff. Let's go. Mr. Wise Guy here's taken it upon himself to go to the gymnasium. I'm sorry to inform you, you're going to be without his services for the rest of the day." Vernon stated, annoyance visible in his tone while Bender sat down and lugged his arm around Matt's shoulder.

"B-O-O-H-O-O." He replied while putting his jacket on the table.

"Everything's a big joke, huh, Bender? The false alarm you pulled Friday..false alarms are really funny, aren't they?" Matt nodded enthusiastically at this though it seemed to go unnoticed. "What if your home...what if your family...what if your dope was on fire?" Matt mumbled about how weed was supposed to be on fire but that seemed to go unnoticed too. She starting playing with the lighting again, putting it to the base of her chair- the side closer to Bender- some of the grey metal turning into a coal-like color. The boy noticed what she was doing when she let out a small hiss, the fire almost touching her and took the object away from her earning a scowl.

"Impossible, sir. It's in Johnson's underwear." Bender countered. Matt and Andy chuckled under there breathe as a terrified expression came over the boys face.

"You think he's funny? You think this is cute? You think he's bitching? Is that it?" Matt nodded to all of the man's questions again with a smug smirk but Andy only shrugged. "Let me tell you something. Look at him. He's a bum." Matt stopped smiling. "You want to see something funny? You go visit John Bender in five years. You'll see how goddamn funny he is." Vernon started walking over their table.

Seeing the look on Matt's face and the sharpened breath she had let out Bender mumbled with gritted teeth, 'don't you dare.' not wanting the girl to get in any more trouble than she was already in. She rolled her eyes.

"What's the matter, John? You gonna cry? Let's go-" The hand that Vernon placed on his back flew off.

"Hey keep your fuckin' hands off me! I expect better manners from you, Dick." He pulled his sunglasses out of the pocket sewed to his flannel, placing them in front of Clark. "For better hallway vision." As they left the library, the so called 'delinquent' unnecessarily shoved things of the desk. Matt covered her mouth with her hand to stop the laughter.

After a good thirty seconds Matt got up and sat next to the girl in the back.

"What's your name?" There were a few seconds of silence as the girl looked up in surprise and then back down at the floor while fumbling with her fingers.

"Allison.." She responded quietly, in almost a whisper. Matt hummed.

"Very pretty." She blushed at Matt's words. "Can I call you Ally?" Allison nodded with a small smile. "So.." Allison looked up at the girl waiting for her to finish. "You always steal stuff or was it just Benders lock?" She looked away in embarrassment. "Don't worry I won't snitch. I stole his lighter back anyways. And a magnet. And a- I'm just gonna stop there." Ally laughed softly at the girl, it was nice to have a friend. Huh, a friend. Matt patted the girl on the shoulder before moving back to her seat and waiting for the awkward silence to commence- none of them had one clue of the conversation Vernon and Bender were having.

-----

EDITED--