6- Couldn't Give a Shit

Vernon flung the door open, barging into the room.

"Why is that door closed?" He yelled. After a few seconds of awkward silence, he asked again.

"How're we s'posed to know? We're not s'posed to move, right?" Bender said, somehow both sarcastically and innocently. Vernon turned, to the weakest link - Claire- and Matt held her breath.

"Who?" He demanded.

"We were just sitting here, like were s'posed to.." Walking next to the jock, he pointed at Johnson who's eyes widened at the attention.

"I think a screw fell out of it.." Bender replied back for the boy.

"It just closed sir.." Spoke the jock. It sounded forced, which made Bender and Matt smirk. Vernon looked to Allison and repeated his question again. She let out a squeak, banging her head against the desk in front of her. Matt coughed, waving her right hand at the vice principal, trying to get him attention.

"Yeah, she doesn't talk much." Her voice made some of their eyes widen again. Vernon, trying not to make a big deal out of it asked her, even more demanding than the first five times. She shrugged again, determined to piss the guy off and being casual in a conversation with him usually did the trick. He turned back to Bender.

"Give me that screw."

"I don't have it." Bender said, still looking at the table and shaking his head.

"You want me to yank you out of that seat and shake it out of you?"

"Lookin' for a lawsuit?" Matt piped up. Vernon glared at her, giving her a warning. She put her hands up in fake surrender.

"I don't have it, screws fall out all the time, the worlds an imperfect place."

"Give it to me Bender." He demanded.

"S'cuse me sir, why would anybody want to steal a screw?" Claire asked the older man.

"Watch it." Vernon warned. Bender looked to Claire in surprise, getting a scowl in return. Making his way to the door, he picks up a folding chair, placing it in the gap where that door was supposed to be when closed.

"The doors..way too heavy, sir."                                                                                                                                       "That ain't gonna work, man."                                                                                                                                   

Bender and Matt  told him at the same time. Bender looked back to the girl and as she shrugged with a small smile on her face he turned back around. Vernon let go of the door, ignoring the two and soon enough all of the teenagers tried not to laugh as they watched the door fly shut, the chair crashing into the hallway. Vernon opened the door, standing with his his hands on his hips he called for Andrew Clark. Matt guessed that was the jock up front. Clark got up with a sigh.

"Hey how come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy!" Bender shouted as the boy and Vernon pick up the magazine stand, putting it in the way of the door.          "Its outta my hands."

"Was never in your hands, sugar." Matt replied to the boy who turned in his seat again, both of them grinning at each other. Turning around, he began at a new tactic of keeping the door closed.

"That's very clever sir, but what if there's a fire? I think violating fire codes and endangering the lives of children would be unwise at this juncture in your career, sir." You couldn't tell by his voice, but the way he held a grin on his face he knew exactly was he was doing. As Matt tried to suppress her giggles, his grin widened.