4- Rubber band flinging

"What do you say we close that door...we can't have any kind of party with Vernon checking us out every few seconds" Bender suggested after making his way to the railing and sitting on it.

"Well you know the doors s'possed to stay open.." Said Brian-the-goody-two-shoes which only made Matt role her eyes and mutter 'dip-shit' under her breath.

"So what?" Bender replies not giving one shit about the rules. Once again, one of the popular's felt as if they should open their big annoying mouths.

"So why don't you just shut up! There's five other people in here you know.." If you were to listen closely you could hear him stutter at the five as he almost said four, either forgetting Matt or the girl next to her, seeing that neither of them had spoken.

"God, you can count. I knew you had to be smart to be a..a wrestler" Bender replies back. Matt couldn't help but wonder how the boy knew exactly how to get under everybody's skin. Well it seemed everybody except her at the moment.

"Who the hell are you to judge anybody anyway?" The jock said, looking away as Claire agreed with the boy. Matt glared at the two- she had grown to like the boy and his annoying-ish sarcasm in the short amount of time.

"You know Bender, you don't even count. I mean if you disappeared forever it wouldn't make any difference. You may as well not even exist at this school-ow!" The others may not have seen it, but Matt saw the hurt look on Benders face so she flung the rubber band she had found in her backpack at the back of the jocks head. Luckily, she had practice. Seeing this Bender put his head down, shaking it and let out a low chuckle as the jock turned around to glare at the girl, earning an even worse one and the pleasure of seeing the girls tongue piercing.

"Well, i'll just run right out and join the wrestling team" This earned him a few chuckles "Maybe the prep club too, student council."

"Nah, they wouldn't take ya."

"I'm hurt."

"You know why guys like you knock everything.." Claire butted into the conversation as if she belonged. Again.

"Oh this should be stunning.." Bender muttered to himself.

"It's cause your afraid." She looked like she knew exactly what she was talking about. Clearly she didn't. The only thing she got in return was a sarcastic reply from Bender and Matt muttering under her breath something along the lines of, 'Holy fuck, you're a dumb-ass'. Thinking she knew what went on in the boys brain she continued to speak.

"You're a big coward." She still had that stupid look on her face.

"I'm in a math club." Brian spoke, feeling left out. Matt closed her eyes and shook her head, trying to stop the boy from embarrassing himself but he didn't seem to notice.

"See, you're afraid that they wont take you, you don't belong so you just dump all over it."

"Well, it wouldn't have anything with you activity people being assholes, now would it?" That was true, most of them were assholes.

"Well you wouldn't know.. you don't even know any of us." Matt mumbled something about Claire being an asshole.

"Well..I don't know any lepers either, but i'm not gonna run out and join one of their fucking clubs." It was slight but you could hear him getting aggravated at Claire, his voice raising just a bit.

"Hey let's watch the mouth, huh?" The jock said, not liking the words Bender used. The lanky nerd felt he needed to contribute to the conversation again.

"I'm in the physics club too.."

"S'cuse me a sec" Bender said turning to Claire and the jock, then back to the blonde kid. "What are you babbling about?"

"Well what i'd said was i'm in a math club, uh, Latin club, and physics club..physics club." He said while counting on his fingers. Bender gave the boy a nod and with his eyes still on the nerd he leaned down.

"Hey..Cherry.." Claire looked up at the boy with a scowl "Do you belong to the physics club?"

A scowl appeared on her face. "That's an academic club."

"So?"

"So academic clubs aren't the same as other kinda clubs!" At this point Claire reminded Matt of a girl she had met in the foster care system, her name was Rachel. The bitch thought she knew everything.

"Ah, but to dorks like him, they are." Claire turned to look at Brian "What do you guys do in your club?" Johnson, poor Johnson all the boy wanted to do was stop the bickering.

"In physics we-we uh, we talk about physics....uh, property's of physics."

"So its sorta social...demented and sad.. but social, right?" Bender replied.

"Yeah, well, I guess you could consider it a social situation. I mean there are other children and uh, at the end of the year we have, um, you know, a big banquet, at the, uh, at the Hilton." Yeah, Bender could be pretty intimidating but the poor boy couldn't stop stuttering.

"You load up, you party." Oh, how desperately Matt wanted a smoke. At this point she would go for anything, she just needed something.

"Well, no, we get dresses up...I mean, but, we don't..we don't get high." Obviously the boy had never gotten high, Matt knew the second she laid eyes on him he was incredibly innocent. Seeing as the conversation had nothing to do with her, Claire butted in making Matt want a smoke even more.

"Only burners like you get high.." Of course she would say something like that. Matt wanted her rubber band back so she could fling it at the petty girl.

"And, uh, I didn't have any shoes. So I had to borrow my dad's. It was kinda weird 'cause my mom doesn't like me to wear other people's shoes. And, uh, my cousin Kent...my cousin Kendall, from, uh, Indiana...he got high once and you know, he started eating like really weird foods. And uh, and then he felt like he didn't belong anywhere. You know, kinda like, you know "Twilight Zone" kinda."

Just to be dramatic, in the middle of Johnson's ramble Matt let out a loud sigh, rolling her eyes and once she noticed she had Benders attention she flopped her torso onto the chair to her left, Bender chuckling at the girls antics. Matt liked his attention- which was weird seeing as Matt didn't really like much attention.

Hearing Claire's voice, Bender turned his attention away from Matt- who was still lying on the two chairs, her torso closer to the isle.

--------------

EDITED--