21- The gun in Brian's locker

"Okay, then I assume Allison and I are better people than you guys, huh? Us weirdos. Would you..would you do that to me?" Brian asked Ally, hoping that someone would still want to be his friend.

"I don't have any friends." Matt nudged the girls foot letting her know that wasn't true anymore.

"Well if you did?"

"No..I don't think the kind of friends I'd have would mind."

"Well, I just wanna tell each of you that I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't and I will not. 'Cause I think that's real shitty."

"You're friends wouldn't mind 'cause they look up to us." Claire spoke up. Matt scowled at the girl, hearing sarcastic laughter coming from Brian.

"You're so conceited, Claire, you're so conceited. You're so, like, full of yourself. Why are you like that?"

"I'm not saying that to be conceited! I hate it! I hate having to go along with everything my friends say." Again, she started crying.

"Then why do you do it?"

"I don't know, I don't...you don't understand..you don't. You're not friends with the same kind of people that Andy and I are friends with! You know, you just don't understand the pressure that they can put on you!" Brian's clearly shocked that Claire thinks this when his eyes widen and he points to himself.

"I don't understand what? You think I don't understand pressure, Claire? Well fuck you! Fuck you!" The blonde boy hid his face in the sleeve of his sweater to hide his tears. "Know why I'm here today? Do you? I'm here...because Mr. Ryan found a gun in the locker..."

"Why'd you have a gun in your locker?" Andy spoke up again.

"I tried. When you pull that fucking trunk on it, the light's supposed to go on. It didn't go on.."

"What's the gun for, Brian?" Andy asked the boy in the softest tone you could probably hear from the boy.

"Just forget it."

"You brought it up, man." This time Matt spoke up her voice the opposite of Andy's.

"I can't have an F...I can't have it and I know my parents can't have it. Even if I aced the rest of the semester, I'm still only a B. And everything's ruined for me!"

"Oh, Brian." Claire stated, her voice full of pity. Hearing this, he bashes his hand into the stool next to him violently and asks the girl what she wants. Leaning back against the pillar once more, Matt rubbed her face with the palm of her hand and looked over to John who was once again spacing out.

"Considering my options y'know?"

"No, killing yourself is not an option."

"Well, I didn't do it did I? No I don't think so!" His voice raised quite a bit.

"It was a handgun?" Allison asked, receiving a weird look from Matt.

"No, it was a flare gun. It went off in my locker."

"Really?" Andy asked in the middle of laughs- completely unattractive laughs may I add.

"It's not funny." The jock cleared his throat, trying to stop the laughter from coming out which didn't seem to work very well. As he continued giggling the others tried to stop too.

"Yes it is. Fucking elephant was destroyed."

"You wanna know what I did to get in here?" Andrew nodded at her. "Nothing. I didn't have anything better to do." A small grin grew on the girls face as she watched the others laugh, though she could only see Matt's shoulders shaking up and down as she had her head down and she back slouched, both of her hands covering her face as she laughed into them. "You're laughing at me.."

"No!"

"Yeah, you are!" Ally laughed with them too. So now, here they were a bunch of teenagers who hated each other at the beginning of the day and were now laughing with each others after spilling their heart and souls out. If this wasn't happiness, Matt didn't know if she would ever find it.

------------

What in the absolute fuck?? There are so many people reading this!! I'm so incredibly grateful for each and every one of you! Sorry I haven't updated in a bit, I just started going back to school and I got my first bass this Friday and I haven't stopped learning. Thank you so much for all the votes and to the people adding this to their lists.

EDITED--