Part 7- Slughorn's Party

"So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your uncle Siberia's these days?" I roll my eyes as i turn my head and Hermione stifles a laugh.

I just smile at her and i go red.

We are currently sitting around the round table at Slughorns dinner.

To say he just invited us here, because he wants to meet the high Calabar wizards is an under statement.

"And what about you, miss Ganger, what exactly do your parents do in the muggle world?"

I see Hermione straighten her back and i see her tense shoulders.

"My parents are dentists.. they tend to peoples teeth.."

I can tell that she is worried that people will judge her for having her parents being muggles.

I place my hand on her hand, under the table and i give her a reassuring smile.

******

"Bye, bye!" Slughorn shouts to the students as they exit his office after the party.

I walk out with Hermione.

"Hermione.. can i talk to you?" I ask and she nods and we go into a separate hallway then the others that are going back to their dorms.

"What is it, is everything alright?" She says as she places her hand on my arm as i stand against the wall.

"Hermione, about last night-"

"Don't worry whatever i said i didn't mean" She laughs "I was just a bit tipsy, so ignore whatever i said... is that all?" She says as i smile at her.

"Yeah.. um, ill meet you back at the common room."

"Bye" She says as she walks away

I slump against the wall.

I knew what she said was too good to be true.

Why would Hermione Granger be interested in me?