Part 10- I'm happy for you

The next morning, i wake up with a headache from crying the night before and i look at my clock.

3:30 am.

I sigh as i walk down the stairs to the common room and i sit on the couch, with my legs up besides me.

I rest my head on the side of the couch as i look into the last few bits of red in the fire.

"Y/N?" I hear my name and i look up and i see my brother.

"Oh, hey Ron" I say as he comes and sits opposite me on the couch, in front of the fire.

"Why are you up so early?" I ask him

"Oh i couldn't sleep, too busy thinking about if i made the right choice, kissing Lavender" He says, truthfully.

I nod and he asks me the same question "What about you, why couldn't you sleep?"

"Hermione.." I say as i rub my eyes "Apparently she likes you" I say and Ron's eyes widen.

"But..." He starts, but i cut him off

"But you're with Lavender, i know..." i finish as i rub my eyes furiously to stop the tears from spilling and Ron notices.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks me, as he sits up and i do the same until we are both sitting on the couch, crossed legged, facing each other.

"Oh, Ron... you're going to hate me" I say as i place my head in my hands and i begin to cry.

"Hey, i promise you i won't, what's wrong?" He says as i sniff and i look up at him with red eyes.

"I like Hermione" i say as i look away from him, "Heck i think i love her, but it doesn't matter she was clearly heartbroken when you kissed Lavender, so she obviously likes you" I say as i cry.

Ron is quite for a second before he leans over and hugs me, tight.

"Y/N that's brilliant!" He says

"What?" I answer, confused

"I'm so proud of you for telling me!" He says as he hugs me tighter. "And Hermione doesn't like me, we're just friends" He tries to reassure me

"She obviously doesn't think so" I mutter

"I'll talk to her, if you want?" He offers

"No, please don't... i don't want our friendship to be over because of how i feel and Ron, if you really like Lavender, then i'm happy for you" I say as we hug each other.