Chapter 34

Our bounds removed, me, the Hackclaw, and the Savaga were now facing the Gigarillon in a three versus one combat. And even though some might say that it was excessive for three monsters to gang up against the lone Gigarillon, just simply being able to turn both the Tronobo and Pronobo (which were both a level ahead of us in terms of power) into mere subordinates spoke clearly of the Gigarillon's ability. In fact, the three of us might not even be enough to defeat the monster. Though of course, that didn't mean that I would not try to win.

At first, I was quite worried if the Savaga and the Hackclaw would be willing to cooperate in fighting together against the Gigarillon. Fortunately, it seemed like the two monsters also found the Gigarillon to be the biggest threat so they seemed willing to at least not get in each other's way. In short, the three of us unofficially agreed on a temporary alliance and ceasefire. Though because the two were both still a monster, I had to be careful because I had no idea when the two would turn their claws and fangs against me. And among the two, the Hackclaw was the most worrying given its track record so far of being incredibly brutal and vicious.

I gazed at the Gigarillon while searching for any possible opening to attack. Similarly, both the Hackclaw and Savaga were doing the same thing as me while also clearly being cautious against the Gigarillon. On the other hand, the Gigarillon's attitude was the exact opposite of us. In fact, the Gigarillon wasn't even showing the slightest bit of worry and was instead smiling fiercely towards us. Though obviously, I could easily guess that the Gigarillon's attitude was a clear invitation towards us to come and bring it on.

Answering the Gigarillon's challenge, I immediately activated haste and charged using my top speed towards the monster. Probably also sensing the Gigarillon's challenge, the Hackclaw and Savaga also charged at the same time as me. Though for some reason, even though the three of us hadn't strategized on how to attack, it seemed as if the three of us instinctively knew how to position ourselves in order to best corner the Gigarillon.

While I charged at the left side of the Gigarillon, the Hackclaw positioned itself and charged on the monster's right side, all the while the Savaga charged head on upfront. And clearly, coincidence or not, this attack formation was a systematic approach that maximized both the fighting style and individual strengths of each of us.

Of course, given my speed, it was inevitable that I would be the first one to reach the Gigarillon. Unfortunately, just before I managed to get close, the Gigarillon hit the ground with such force that it created a mini-earthquake while also spreading numerous cracks in its immediate vicinity. And being the one closest to the monster in that instant, the momentum I had built worked against me and I was inevitably sent tumbling pathetically on the ground. Following that, I felt someone grabbing me by the tail along with a floating sensation. The next thing I knew, the Hackclaw was already upfront slashing its scythe-like arm towards me.

Instinctively, I used my claws to swiftly fling away the Hackclaw's arm with a very practiced movement. But then, my vision suddenly blurred and the next thing I saw was the rapidly approaching Savaga and its arm that was seemingly on the verge of brushing me aside. After that, I felt a jolt of pain on the left side of my body, and I was sent rolling into the ground.

My vision spun around. But even still, I gritted my fangs and forced my wobbling body to stand. Damn... that bastard waved me around like some mere rag doll... I thought while looking towards the Gigarillon.

Upon looking forward, I saw the Hackclaw and Savaga in the same pathetic state as me. Then as if showing off the difference in our power, the Gigarillon was just standing there in the same position as before while looking totally unfazed. And though I truly didn't want to admit it, that first exchange (if you could even call it that) showed that the Gigarillon was without a doubt league above us in all aspects of combat. Honestly, I even had a feeling that the Gigarillon was most definitely capable of killing us in that mere instant but just chose not to. The most frustrating thing was; the Gigarillon was now looking at us with a clear disappointment plastered on its face.