Chapter 58

With the death of the two Anties Generals, the only enemy left that we have to worry about was that Anties King. Of course, all of this success wouldn't be possible if not for the effort of the Gigarillon who had stalled the Anties King until we defeated those two ants. And since it looked like the Gigarillon was still able to fight, it would be for the best if we could all gang up to fight against that monster. In this ideal scenario, me, the Gigarillon, the Tronobo and the Pronobo would fight the Anties King together in order to increase our chance of victory. The problem was...

Yeah, with these guys' condition, that's not gonna happen. I thought while looking at the two exhausted apes.

Well, it's not like the two apes weren't able to move. In fact, I'd even say that these guys would still be able to fight. But with how tired and injured they were, I doubt these two would be able to keep up against that ant. In short, they would only be a burden if they joined the fight. And probably because they also realized that fact, the two apes entrusted the job of helping their leader to me instead. Though judging by the sour look on their faces, it was obvious that the two monsters were quite bitter about it.

After giving the two monsters a nod of acceptance, I began to absorb the shadow of the dead ants. Good, my stacks are back at twenty-five. Probably because the two were superior and had a higher level compared to the other ants, their corpses gave me five shadow stacks each. And while twenty-five stacks weren't much compared to what I had before, it was still a lot better compared to having only fifteen stacks.

With all of that done, I bid farewell to the two apes who went away towards the exit following the trail of their soldiers. Yeah, that's a really wise decision. Especially since an army without a leader is dangerous and is prone to make mistakes.

Peeling my eyes away from that exit, I started to jog towards the still ongoing battle between the Anties King and Gigarillon. Okay, I have twenty-five shadow stacks. Which means that if imbue my legs with Shadow Augment, only seventeen will be left. In short, seventeen shots of Shadow Bullet. Since the effect of Shadow Augment could last for about a minute after it was cast, that would also mean that I could only use my top speed for that limited amount of time. And judging by the speed that the Anties King was showcasing...

Accelerate alone will not be enough. That guy is different from those Anties Generals. If I fight using only one of my speed enhancement skills, I will not be able to keep up even with that Gigarillon's aide. I observed. So, in theory, I will only have about two to three minutes at most to finish the fight.

Of course, that time-limit of two to three minutes was just the ideal timeline. After all, my Shadow Bullet consumes one shadow stack per shot and there was no telling when or how many I would need to use in battle. So, all in all, it would still be better if we could kill the monster within just a minute. But to be perfectly honest, that scenario was too idealistic and almost seemed impossible to pull off.

"Now, I wonder how far you can go?" Wondered an amused voice.

Ignoring that, I began to sprint as I approached the two-battling monster. During that time, I saw the sand near the Anties King's feet swirled around. A split second after that, a tidal wave of sand emerged from the monster's feet threatening to swallow the Gigarillon as a whole.

What the heck was that?! I couldn't help but ask.

In just the nick of time, the Gigarillon managed to move away from that as if he was expecting it to happen in the first place. But as if he had known from the start that the Gigarillon wouldn't be caught by that, the Anties King used that wave of sand as a cover to move into the Gigarillon's blind spot. Noticing it a little bit late, the Anties King managed to bind the Gigarillon's limbs using that sand preventing the ape's escape.