Chapter 6

In the world of monsters, reaching the stage of evolution was a huge achievement. This was especially true in an environment of survival of the fittest wherein weak monsters have a lower life expectancy. Of course, this fact also meant that only those who were lucky, strong and clever enough to survive would be able to eventually evolve. That was why in the case of monsters who were by nature live in groups, the leader was always the one in the highest evolution stage.

For normal monsters, experiencing an evolution once meant that it was already an adult. Evolving the second time signified that they were tough enough to hold a rank within their group, and being able to evolve a third time was a show of their capabilities to lead a group of their own. But, for monsters of the same species, every path of the Third Evolutionary State was equal in terms of raw power. The only exception to this rule was the Special Evolutions, but that was another topic entirely.

Tempest Wolf, Frost Wolf, Flame Wolf and Lightning Wolf. These four wolf monsters were all the possible evolution for the Dire Wolf Cub if it managed to reach the Third Evolutionary State. This also meant that these four monsters should be equal in raw power alone without any exceptions...

The young wolf gazed down at the wolf who protected him. In there, in front of his eyes was his father, the alpha of their pack. That father, who the young wolf always looked at with a mixture of awe and respect was lying in a pool of blood. While looking at his bleeding father, one thought entered into the young wolf's mind. It was his fault. His brother's death, the invasion of their home, and now, his father being on the verge of death. All of it. It was all his fault.

While guilt and despair gripped the young wolf's heart, his father, their alpha, stood with unsteady feet. For a moment, the young wolf felt relief, but when he saw the blood flowing from his father's side, he once again lost all hope.

Seeing the weakened state of the Frost Wolf, the Tempest Wolf smiled from ear to ear and summoned a raging wave of wind. The Frost Wolf tried to counter it by summoning his own freezing wave but when these magic collided, the raging wave overpowered the freezing wave. With the freezing wave out of the way, the raging wind pushed toward the weakened Frost Wolf and the young wolf. Luckily, before the raging wind reached the two wolves, a Great Wolf had tackled the two of them out of the way. Of course, saving the two wolves doesn't come without a cost. After being hit by the raging wave, the Great wolf's body became littered with cuts and bruises. When the young wolf gazed at the Great Wolf, he realized that it was his mother.

The battered Great Wolf forced her body to stand and then walked towards the Frost Wolf. As the Frost Wolf and Great Wolf huddled together, another Dire Wolf Cub ran toward the young wolf. That Dire Wolf Cub was the young wolf's little sister, and when the young wolf gazed at his little sister, the young wolf saw a mixture of anxiety and fear in her face. Then at the corner of the young wolf's eyes, his second brother appeared. And like the young wolf's father and mother, his second Brother was also injured all over probably from fighting against the members of the Tempest Wolf's pack. But despite being near his limit, the young wolf's brother still stood against the Tempest Wolf together with their mother and father.

It was now two battered Great Wolves and one Weakened Frost Wolf against a Tempest Wolf. Seeing that, the young wolf felt a little hopeful that maybe, those three would be able to defeat the Tempest Wolf. But when his mother looked and gestured at him to run and take his sister, the young wolf's heart sank. And then without any warning, the Frost Wolf launched a barrage of ice spear towards the Tempest Wolf. Using a barrage of raging blades of wind, the Tempest Wolf shot down all of the ice spears. While the two alphas were having that exchange, the two Great Wolf ran into different directions and attacked the Tempest Wolf at both sides.

The Familia Head was Reborn as a Wolf in Another WorldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara