Chapter 60

Is it dying?! Seriously?! Was my response upon seeing the Anties Queen's status. And when I looked into the distance, I saw the Cerberus slaughtering thousands of those pitiful ants. So, he's that powerful...

At first glance, there was no denying the fact that the Cerberus was also wounded from their fight. So, from a third person's perspective, it was clear that the Anties Queen had put up quite a good fight. In fact, using Assess on the monster had revealed that she was indeed wounded. But that was all. Wounded. Nothing more, nothing less. And to make matters worse for the Anties Queen...

That guy is probably using Devour or something similar.

Even from this distance, I could hear the loud crunching sounds as the Cerberus chewed a mouthful of ants. And after swallowing them, I saw some wounds on the gigantic monster's body healing on their own. Yep. That healing factor far surpassed the capabilities of Devour. In a sense, the skill that the Cerberus was using might be the same as the skill that I had recently acquired. Gorge, huh? But not only that, because from what I could tell, the Cerberus was also using another familiar skill.

There is no mistaking it. That is without a doubt, Shadow Augment. I observed in a flash.

By focusing my eyes on the Cerberus' legs, I noticed in an instant that it was covered by a pitch-black cloud. And from what I knew, that pitch-black cloud was the resulting phenomenon whenever Shadow Augment was involved. In short, just like me, the Cerberus was also in command of the skill Shadow Manipulation. But in comparison to what I have, the monster's skill probably far surpassed mine. And this hypothesis was further proven by the fact that the Cerberus was somehow capable of conjuring some black spikes in its immediate vicinity.

While I was gazing at the Cerberus in awe, I was then interrupted by an ear-piercing cry coming from the Anties Queen. To my surprise, I jumped back in haste only to be failed by my legs and tumbled on the ground. Damn it! Whilst cursing myself for my carelessness, I pushed my body up in a snap. And upon looking at the Anties Queen, I saw a multitude of ants crawling towards their leader's mouth.

What the heck?! Is she planning to recover by using her people as the supplement?! I asked in disgust.

Looking at it in a logical way, what the Anties Queen was doing made a lot of sense. After all, the monster was just doing what she needed to do in order to survive. But from my personal opinion, there was just something wrong with sacrificing your own people for the sake of achieving your goal. That belief just didn't sit well with me.

As if sensing my disgust, I heard an irritated clicking of tongue. "Tsk!" A second after that, I noticed the Gigarillon standing on my right side while looking at the Anties Queen with squinted eyes.

So, you knew from the very beginning that the Anties Queen doesn't stand a chance, huh?

Based on the look on the Gigarillon's face, it was clear to see that the ape was hoping for the death of the Anties Queen more than anything else. And since the ape foresaw that the Anties Queen would lose, that could only mean that the Gigarillon had somehow met the Cerberus before. In fact, just the knowledge and ability to lure that Cerberus here was enough as a testament to that.

But seriously, how will we escape this place now? I asked while shifting my gaze towards the exit. Or at least, what was supposed to be one.

From what I could see, it seemed like the opening towards the exit had completely collapsed. And since the Anties Queen crashed directly above that opening, all the crushed boulders both big and small were now piled up in that place. Furthermore, the Anties Queen's body was also lying on that spot and it was being guarded by none other than the Anties King himself.