Chapter 14

NAOMI'S POV:

I sauntered behind him the entire time with tears in my eyes and apprehension stirring around in my stomach. He already administered a punishment in the car but I'm almost positive that was just the beginning of what is about to come. Honestly I probably wouldn't feel this bad if that last notification had meant something, I can't believe it was just a stupid message from a game. And now I fear that I won't see my phone for a very long time.

"Take a seat." He said in a very uncompromising tone while opening the door with his right hand on the handle and his body leaned forward.

I scooted past him, adverting his scowl and keeping my back against the frame of the wall so I could watch his every move. Easing my way into my chair, I watched as he put his wallet and keys into the top drawer of his desk. I didn't want to anger him but I got a little jolt of hope that my questions would be answered and my parents found, but this was just another hollow case.

"You're going to tell me exactly what was on that phone that was so important that you deliberately defied my orders." He laid his hands flat on his desk and leaned forward. "Because, aside from your blatant, rude and disrespectful attitude today, the incident in the car was unacceptable."

Hmph, he think's it unacceptable. Imagine how I feel.

"Not only did you act against a direct order but your reckless behavior could have resulted in a car accident, did you think of that?"

"Well if you wouldn't have tried to stop me..." I looked up because I didn't want to finish the sentence, he'll understand what I'm trying to say.

He stared point blank at me for a minute before his face turned red and he began shaking his head, "I'm going to spank this defiance out of you Naomi."

*Knock, Knock*

Thank God, something to break the tension in the room so I wouldn't have to respond to his last statement. He went over to the door and opened it wide, so wide that anyone standing in the hallway would be able to see right inside. I glanced over quickly and saw Mr. Patry standing outside the door.

"Happy Independence Day." He said nicely. "I was thinking we could have a drink tonight, catch up, you know." He suggested.

"Sounds good, I'll come by in a few hours. I have some things I need to handle with Naomi."

"Oh, does she need talked to?" That almost sounded concerning, as if he were genuinely concerned that today might be a delicate topic for me.

"No, she needs to feel my belt." Mr. Davis replied with a clear sign of annoyance.

"Oh, I see. I'll leave you to it then."

Even though everything seemed to be moving in slow motion, because all I could hear was the ticking of the second hand on the wall clock, it was as if Mr. Patry ran away because Mr. Davis was standing behind his desk within a matter of seconds.

"Are you going to tell me now or after the punishment?" He asked directly.

Sometimes I can't help but think that the Administrators are hiding something from me, they may be doing so with warming intentions, but I believe I deserve to know the truth. But if I reveal that I've been digging into it, he might try and stop me. For whatever reason.

I shook my head and picked down at my fingernails. "I...I just want to be left alone. Why can't you just leave me alone!"

He pushed himself back so he was standing straight, then he folded his arm across his chest and slightly shook his head at me.