Chapter 12

NAOMI"S POV:

Suddenly there's been a spree between the girls where they slip random questions under each other's doors. I don't understand why, it's not like our conversations are constantly monitored and we have plenty of 'private opportunities' to share secrets. Anyhow, I woke up to one this morning and it read 'when will you and Jasper finally kiss?"  This has to be from Jessie or Mckenzie, or worse it could be from Sarah. I'm sure she's desperate to embarrass me after Jasper turned down her invitation to movie night so she's more than likely telling everyone about my love life, especially since most of the female students here are experienced in more ways than I.

Speaking of which, I wonder how Jasper is feeling. The punishment from Mr. Davis definitely was nothing short of blistering but it seemed so small compared to the visit with his father today. I have to go speak with him, I won't be able to settle in for the night until I do so. I've already had my shower and my laundry is finished, I stashed the extra soap powder from Mr. Davis in my drawers, but I am on floor duty tonight so I can easily slip through the boy's corridor. Pulling up my hair and straightening my blouse, I pulled my door shut and started descending down the stairs towards the main lobby where I could get the vacuum. Of course, making sure I could briskly stop in and see Jasper.

*Knock, Knock.* I knocked again after he didn't immediately answer.

"Naomi? What're you doing...?"

"Shh," I checked both ends of the hallway but there wasn't a person in sight. "I'm on vacuum duty, I just wanted to make sure you were alright after..." I shrugged to avoid finishing.

"After catching a glimpse of my father's moral outrage?" He smirked. "Thank's for asking for the soap powder though, it was a nice few minutes break that I got."

"I know, he almost caught on to what I was trying to do." I smiled.

"Wait, you planned that?" He smiled in amazement and continued even after I returned a nod.

"So how are you, really?"

"I'm as well as can be expected but I'm facing another two months here now because I punched a hole in Mr. Patry's wall."

"I know I heard, what were you thinking?"

He looked down and leaned against the inside of his door frame, reflecting on the entire conversation that he faced today.

"He...he accused me of being the reason why my mother left him. He said that if I hadn't exposed him that we all would be fine."

"Maybe it would have been best for her to find out on her own." I said after reflecting my own situation with my parents.

He looked at me point blank, utterly shocked that I could even suggest it.

"I exposed him because of his insensitivity towards her!" He bashed at me. "Cheating on a marriage of twenty years is bad as is but she was so fragile from chemo. She was bed-ridden most of the time and was unable to...perform so my father dipped his wick in the first chance he got!"

"Okay, okay I understand. I'm sorry." I tried to ease him so we wouldn't draw attention from everyone in their rooms.

"Can you believe Mr. Davis offered me counseling and therapy?" He rolled his eyes.

I looked up at his worried expression and wanted to take it all away from him. Jasper was the most sincere person I knew, aside from Mr. Davis, but sometimes his judgement is clouded by the end goal and he forgets about the journey there. To cope efficiently, he should take things slowly and understand that it's okay to be vulnerable.