Chapter 36

*Hi everyone! This scene will be broken down into two chapters, 36 and 37. Maybe one more after that so I can get some other POVs in there. I hope you all enjoy it. As always, please feel free to ask questions and/or leave comments!*

MR. DAVIS' POV:

Reaching into my side pocket, I made eye contact with him as I pulled out my keys. I had to do my best to foster the fear pounding in his chest, hopefully then he will better learn his lesson. Some tears had escaped his eyes, though he was doing a good job at putting on a tough façade. He's only been in here once, and that was months ago. Most students do not visit Room 113 more than once during their stay, but Ryan is becoming too used to being here.

A few students had gathered nearby, causing him to keep his head down in embarrassment. I could see his face turn a bright red as he was holding back his frustration, not wanting anyone to see him cry.

"I have four empty rooms, would anyone like to join?" I asked, noticing that their whispers were detrimentally affecting his attitude, which was something I didn't want to tolerate right now. I'd rather this go as smoothly as possible.

Everyone shook their heads rapidly, a few 'no sir's' circling in the background. Passing Ryan, I took a step toward the crowd and folded my arms across my chest.

"Then scram." The raise in my voice caused a few of them to flinch, and others to flee. "there's nothing for anyone to see."

Retreating in different directions, each individual left without another word and did so as quickly as they could, not wanting to test the waters as I was clearly in a foul mood. It bothered me how attracted students were to seeing others in trouble. When I was here, I never wanted to see anyone...well, that's not entirely true. Maybe that's why he's getting so much attention; everyone thinks he has it coming. But that's no reason to parade around him, they should know from experience that he's in for a rough time.

I returned to the door and turned the key to unlock it before motioning for Ryan to open it. Reaching forward, he hesitated for a moment but then slowly turned the knob with a gentle push, allowing the door to creak open just to get a glimpse of the dark inside.

"W-which room?" He asked, clutching his bag in his first.

"The second, left room has a bed already made, I suggest you stay there." I waited patiently for him to step inside, watching as the dullness of the room digested in his stomach.

Attendance in the Academy has dropped since the school year began, so Ryan will have to face this journey alone. Not that he'll be given much, if any, opportunity to socialize. I guess students just felt better when they have someone relatable inside with them, especially since it keeps Mr. Patry and I busy.

"Put your bag down and take a seat at the table."

______________________________

RYAN'S POV:

Room 113 wasn't actually a room, it was more of a small corridor that was never needed for anything other than solitary confinement. The outer door led you to the middle end of the common room, there were two separate rooms on both the left and right side and there was a restroom tucked into the right-side corner. The last time I was here, there were two other students who liked to shout repeatedly. Their screams echoed in the common room, causing an ear-piercing vibration that spread into every corner of the corridor.

The common room contained nothing but a table, where you could eat your meals if permitted, but there was also a restraint chair in the corner. I had never been put there, nor have I seen anyone else victimized by it, but the sight of it alone made my stomach turn. It was one of the older ones you'd see in movies about prison. Sitting in the corner like a predator hunting, patiently waiting for its next prey.