- 6 -

annoyed

Dinner went fine; maybe too fine. Nick didn't question any of the choices George made. From George's perspective; he thought Nick knew, that's why he didn't question it. Nick on the other hand was happy that his best friend's day seemed to have lightened up a bit, that he didn't look like he had been crying for a week anymore.

Next day, George felt way better than he had the day before. Probably because as he arrived to school, some of his friends were already waiting for him outside of school, unfortunately the new kid being one of them. George sighed, put a smile on his face and went to the others, hugging Nick so suddenly, he jumps a bit. "Fucking hell, George," he screams. "Whaddup, bestie?" George asked and smiled as he put his head onto Nick's back, feeling like a cat that wanted to be pet. "urgh, stop it already," Nick sighed. It seemed as if he realized his new tactic wouldn't bring him anywhere. "Never," George mumbled, feeling his eyelids getting heavy. "Don't fall asleep, George, we got class in like five minutes," Will said. "I don't wanna," George mumbled and tried to hide his face in Nick's back. "Just let him have the nap, Will," Nick said and tried to get into an more comfortable position with George.

Clay had a great morning. He woke up and felt alive, had one or two cigarettes and was just in a really good mood. He didn't know where that came from, but he felt alive. He was walking to school, noticing Toby and Nick standing outside of the school. He started talking to them, watching more of his friend joining them. Tommy went inside already since he had to go to his locker before class started, leaving Nick, Will, Toby and the girl he still didn't know the name of alone. The last one to arrive was George, him looking way better than he did yesterday. Yesterday was truly an disaster. He didn't know the reason for him crying half of the day but he sure as hell could relate to it. He genuinely wanted to help George but he didn't seem to like help. Clay figured it would be better if he started to slowly get George used to him. He was basically the opposite of his friends. He immediately clicked with them, made jokes and hung out with them, feeling as if they were friends since they were kids. Around George, he always felt a bit awkward and not wanted. It was only George, he'd get him to like Clay. It needed time he was willing to give to him. He felt like it was worth it.

Clay stepped back and grabbed the cigarettes in his jacket, pulling out one of them and lighting it. He noticed the looks the other's gave him, he noticed Nick wanting one, too. Toby did as well, so he tapped George's shoulder and made him nap on his shoulder so Nick could leave the group. Clay gave him one of his cigarettes and lit it for him. Will sent them a pissed look, the girl didn't care. "That was a great idea," Nick said and smiled, "I really needed it". "No problem, I always need one before school starts. I don't know when I'll be able to get the next one," Clay said. Nick nodded. The talked for bit, then joined the group again.

George was awake again, looking at Nick. "I thought you wanted to stop," he said in a monotone voice. "Yeah, that didn't work out," Nick said, "obviously". George shook his head. "Just try," George said. "It's not that easy, George," Nick said and rolled his eyes. "It really isn't," Clay said. He got an annoyed look from George. "Whatever. I'm not ruining my body," George said and closed his eyes again. Everybody could feel the tension in the group, Clay felt as if it was his fault. "Let's go to class, shall we?" Nick said as he clapped his hands. "I'm not sitting next to you," George said. "I'll be your pillow," Nick replied. "But you smell bad now," George pouted. "I'll take of my jacked, okay? The smell's only on the jacket," Nick said and took of the pice of clothing he was talking about. "Okay, bestie," George said and switched from Toby's shoulder to Nick's are. Toby shrugged it off and told Clay to follow him.

"That's normal, don't worry about it," Toby said as they were walking to their class. "Alright," Clay said, shrugging it off as well. They sat down at their seats, waiting for other students to arrive.