- 7 -

the invite

"God, George," Toby laughed. Clay wished he knew why but be wasn't following their conversation. Toby turned his back to Clay, leaving him out of everything. He wasn't even sure if he knew he was still there. Nonetheless, Clay decided to focus on the teacher instead, at least she wouldn't ignore him the way his friends did. Well, if you could call Clay and George friends. He heard George giggle and he had to admit that it was really cute. Like REALLY cute. "Oh yeah," Toby said and turned to the forgotten friend. "We're gonna have a little party at Nick's on friday and he told me to invite you," he said. He literally saw that guy twenty minutes ago, why wouldn't he just ask him? Anyways, Clay said yes and Toby responded with "Great!" "Are you coming, too, George?" Clay asked. "Yeah, but I'm considering staying at home now," George mumbled and rolled his eyes. Clay frowned but decided to not say anything. Toby didn't care and continued talking to them.

In reality, George asked Nick to not invite Clay since he didn't really like him. Nick was a bit sad after that, he loves Clay, but the last time George had a feeling like that around a new person, they ended up being assholes. To be honest, Nick didn't like that last person either but he liked Clay. It was just weird how George didn't like him considering they haven't even talked properly yet. So, Nick told George he wasn't gonna invite Clay but he told Toby to do so. George only asked Nick not to do it.
After Toby asked the new student if he wanted to go to Nick's party, George felt down. He didn't know if he'd like to be with Clay for a whole evening. It's not too bad in school since they barely had any classes together, but a whole evening? George really wanted to just stay home. He'd rather stare at a blank wall for four hours straight than go to a party with the new guy. Knowing Nick's parties, he hoped their ways wouldn't cross too often. Maybe George could leave early.

The rest of the day went by slowly, George thinking too much again and Clay overthinking because of George's reactions. He didn't know what he had done to George and he didn't know how to get him to like him. Toby stepped out of school talking to Clay and kind of talking to George who was walking behind them, focussing on his phone and reading some Twitter notifications. "Georgie!" he heard his best friend shouting for his name, well, nickname. George rolled his eyes and looked up. "Hey, bestie," George said and smiled. Nick dropped his arms, he was waiting for a hug. "Don't be mad, bestie, your nickname suits you so well," George said. "Let's go!" Clay watched Nick and George leave, neither of them saying goodbye. They probably forgot or didn't see him, even if it was hard to not notice him. "Alright, bye Toby, see you tomorrow!" Clay said and went home.

He was nearly at home when he noticed his neighbour's car drive by. George looked at the people he passed by when he saw the blond guy in the dark green sweater walking on the side of the street. "Great," he mumbled, "of course he lives here" George rolled his eyes, driving up his driveway and getting out of the car soon after. That's just perfect. Clay, of course, wasn't surprised the guy that didn't like him was his neighbor, after all, he saw George yesterday. Clay knew George will pretend as if he didn't see the new kid walking down his street.

As George entered the house, he walked to the window quickly so he could see which house Clay entered. He had to know which house to never pass with Nick by his side. Nick would probably make him drive home Clay. He saw him enter the light green house, probably the most beautiful in the neighborhood since it belonged to rich people before and was build like three or four years ago. George's house on the other hand was a white one with dark windows, it kinda looked like a cube with one random room standing out at the front. He liked it, though. George didn't notice his mum standing next to him. As he turned around, he jumped. He hasn't been this close to her for at least five months, he barely saw her. „Hello, George," his mum greets him. „Hi," George said trying to get out of the corner. „We haven't really had any time together, have we? Wanna watch a TV show or a movie perhaps?" his mum asked. „Uh, sure, lemme get my phone first, though," George said as he went off to get his phone that he had left next to the door.

They decided to watch How I Met Your Mother. George found out his mum had never seen an episode of his favorite TV show, he had to change it. Their marathon ended after three episodes because of George's dad that came home and straight up started complaining about his wife. George rolled his eyes, turned off the TV and left his parents alone.