- 1 -

arrival

Clay looks through the window after he woke up. The weather in England is worse than he expected; he didn't actually think that it would be that bad. Of course, he could be over-exaggerating since he's from Florida and definitely not used to the cold and rainy weather in England but it's horrible.

The sky was grey, there was no hint of sun and there were still some left over rain drops from the night prior. He had been laying awake in his bed, listening to the rain falling onto the roof and his windows. Clay thought it would be easy to move from the USA to England, he didn't have any problems with finding new friends, but he somehow was scared. He didn't know if the people in London were different, if he will become a misfit or a victim of bullying. He really hoped he'd get to meet some cool people, even though he knew that he had to be patient and not be friends with the first person he saw.

He already made that mistake and took some wrong turns on his way to success in life, but he's fine now. He doesn't like thinking back at what happened in the last two years. At first, he didn't want to move to England but now he is actually glad they did. Although, he did bring some bad habits to his new home. One of them being something, he started with his friends about a year and a half ago; smoking.

He opened the window, shivering because of the cold air crawling into the room. He took a cigarette and lit it, carefully blowing the fume outside to not get too much of the smell into his room.

After he finished the cigarette, he placed it in the ashtray and took off the hoodie he was sleeping in. He grabbed his school uniform that he got when he was registered there and changed into it. He didn't even bother styling his hair, he liked the "just got out of bed"-look. Clay brushed his teeth and cleaned his face, took his eyeliner; he basically just but it around his eyes and did a little wing. He specifically asked the headmaster, if it was okay for him to wear it. He also got some lip tint to make his lips look more of a pinkish color and put the same thing onto his cheek and the tip of his nose.

He put on his earrings and rings, then left the bathroom to grab an apple and some snacks and a bottle of water. He didn't say bye to any of his family since they either already left the house or are still asleep. His older sister stayed in Florida as she had her own life there, his little sister and his parents moved to England due to his parents work. His little sister, Drista, already left because she chose a school that focusses on creativity and art.

Clay put in his AirPods and listened to some music while kicking stones with his foot and trying not to get lost.

As George woke up, he felt hungry as the last thing he has eaten was some rice with vegetables the day before at midday. It wasn't a big portion, but it would get him through his days. He couldn't hear his parents fight, which meant that they were still asleep.

George didn't even bother to look at the mirror, he just grabbed his school uniform and went straight into the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. His hair didn't need any treatment as it was too short to properly style it.

He left his house early, as he didn't know anything else to do. He was hoping one of his friends were already at school.

He grabbed the keys to his car and drove off. One of the perks of arriving early is to have more parking lots in-front of the school. He chose the closest one to the door to not get cold: he could wear three coats and two blankets and still freeze. George sat in the car for a moment, trying to get motivated for the day. He massaged his temples and sighed. Was he really ready for the day? His stomach made a weird noise but he chose to ignore it. He put on a smile and jumped out of the car. He grabbed his bag and locked the car.

George didn't see any of his friends so he sat on the staircase next to the entrance, that way he could get a hold of his friends easily. He looked at the students that also arrived early but his thoughts drifted off after a few seconds. He probably looked like he was judging every single one of them but that's only his resting bitch face.